Pray for Dave Arneson!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treebore

First Post
Looking at the OD&D link, the family wants to keep this private. Suggest you delete the thread.

They want it kept "private" in that they want to be left alone, not to deny people the ability to talk about it. So don't try and call the hospital, etc...

William Ronald

Explorer
I am keeping Dave Arneson and his family in my thoughts and prayers tonight.

He and Gary Gygax have a wonderful legacy -- they created a new hobby that has brought many good people together to have fun and form new friendships. So, I thank both of these gentlemen for the many hours of fun that I have had over the years, and the many friends that I have made through role playing games. Thanks to both Dave Arneson and Gary Gygax for spreading some joy in this world.

Oh, man. :(

I've met Dave several times, during the course of the work I did on the 3E and 4E updates of Blackmoor, including (briefly) sharing a booth with him at GenCon. While I'm not sure he appreciated my sense of humor, he was always exceedingly friendly and polite, and he really struck me as enjoying his interaction with the fans. Even when his health first took a turn for the worse, he made every effort to attend GenCon in order to remain a part of the community.

I hope things improve for him. :(

Last edited:

Aus_Snow

First Post
Thanks so much for all you've done, for helping to start and nurture something amazing, that has brought so much joy to so many. Our thoughts, from over here on the other side of the world, are also with you. Travel well.

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
My thoughts and prayers are with Mr. Arneson and his family. I'm grateful for the one time that I briefly met him at GenCon.

Here's to Mr. Arneson and Mr. Gygax, two guys who gave us a lot of fun.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
I echo the sentiments of others in this thread, and pray for a speedy recovery. Dave, you have always been a class act. Thank you for years of good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads