• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Prc] Acrobatic / Stealthy

Outergod

First Post
HD: d6
Skill Points: 4 + Int Mod.
Align: Any non-chaotic
BAB: +6
Skills Hide, Move Silently, Balance, Climb, Jump, Tumble: 10 Ranks, Concentration: 4 Ranks
Feats: Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, Improved Init
Special: Must have evasion class ability

Class Skills: Balance, Climb, Jump, Tumble, Hide, Move Silently, Search, Spot, Listen...(suggestions welcome. I'm looking to have class skills similar to a Thief).

This is just the bare-bones chat of preliminary ideas that I've come up with. I haven't provided any description of the Special Abilities but those who are familiar with the other acrobatic classes from the core and splat books should recognize the ability names. There are also some abilities from the Weightless Foot in Dragon 289 (IIRC). I'll post the descriptions in a bit if time permits.

Thanks all.

<Prc Name>

<Flavor Text>

Level Attack Bonus Fort. Save Ref. Save Will Save Special
1 1 0 2 0 Leap of the Clouds, Slow Fall (20 ft.)
2 2 0 3 0 Light step (+10)
3 3 1 3 1 Acrobatics (+10), Slow Fall (30 ft.)
4 4 1 4 1 Fast Climb, Trackless Step
5 5 1 4 1 Slow Fall (50 ft.), Light Step (+20)
6 6 2 5 2 Uncanny Step, Fast Sneak
7 7 2 5 2 Light as a Feather, Acrobatics (+20)
8 8 2 6 2 Improved Evasion
9 9 3 6 3 Always Sneaky
10 10 3 7 3 Acrobatics (+30)

Base Speed
Lvl 20 30 40
----------------------------------------------
1-3 40 60 80
4-6 45 70 95
7-9 55 80 105
10 60 90 120

Last edited:

Outergod

First Post
Ah...I can always count on Crothian! Yeah...I neglected to put the HD and skills in. How about HD: d6

Skill Points per level: 4 + Int Mod

Skills:
Climb, Jump, Tumble, Blance, Hide, Move Silently, Search, Spot, Listen.

...at least those for starters. I'm thinking the skills of a Thief (minus the thief's exclusive skills of course).

Outergod

First Post
It's basically just a Weightless Foot with all of the bonus feats (Shot on the Run, Spring Attack) and the "purity" special abilities (purity of mind, purity of body, purity of spirit) removed and replaced with Fast Move, Fast Sneak and Fast Climb. Maybe a little more powerful than the weightless foot but with higher entry requirements.

What about eliminating Acrobatics (+30) from special abilities and toning down the fast move to 40 ft at 1st-3rd, 50 ft at 4th-6th, 60 ft at 7th-9th and 70 ft at 10th?

BTW, what's the secret to formatting text in these posts? HTML? <pre> tag?

hong

WotC's bitch
HTML is turned off in this forum. You can use the [ code ] [ /code ] VBcode tags to do monospace text.

Note that Acrobatics and all the other mobility stuff can be kinda superfluous at high levels. This is because every high-level PC who wants to survive will be able to fly and teleport. Jumping 100 feet over a ravine may sound good, but it's not really that important when you could just fly over.

Always sneaky might be useful, but (as I understand it) it's really not that different to the rogue's skill mastery ability (always take 10 on a selected skill check).

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: high-level D&D _is_ wuxia. Everyone flies around, magic is spectacular, and the PCs can trash anyone whose kung fu is less powerful than theirs. A corollary of this is that a PrC that's _intended_ to have a wuxia flavour risks becoming irrelevant.

Last edited:

Remove ads