• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pre-made adventures using splatbooks

HandofMystra

First Post
OK, my players want to use the Complete and Races books and PHB II, some might have dipped into Incarnum or swordsage. They will use SpC and MIC. With all this extra material, they are going to be tougher than PCs (or NPCs) playing core only or or core + setting. Are there adventures out there that use the classes, spells and items from the splatbooks? I can understand the economics of writing adventures for core only (not to mention needing to be OGL). thinking as he writes I guess that only WotC would publish things that use their IP. Are there Wizards' adventures with NPC that have warmages or crystals or incarnum or divine metamagic or wands of lesser vigor? At my laziest, I coould just replace NPCs with example NPCs from the splatbooks, redo treasures to use MIC and redo magic user spell lists - but it would be nice to pull something off the shelf that does that.

Voadam

Legend
HandofMystra said:
OK, my players want to use the Complete and Races books and PHB II, some might have dipped into Incarnum or swordsage. They will use SpC and MIC. With all this extra material, they are going to be tougher than PCs (or NPCs) playing core only or or core + setting. Are there adventures out there that use the classes, spells and items from the splatbooks? I can understand the economics of writing adventures for core only (not to mention needing to be OGL). thinking as he writes I guess that only WotC would publish things that use their IP. Are there Wizards' adventures with NPC that have warmages or crystals or incarnum or divine metamagic or wands of lesser vigor? At my laziest, I coould just replace NPCs with example NPCs from the splatbooks, redo treasures to use MIC and redo magic user spell lists - but it would be nice to pull something off the shelf that does that.

Dungeon adventures used that type of stuff for NPCs all the time. I don't have recent 3.5 WotC modules so I can't say for stuff like Expedition to Greyhawk or other recent ones.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads