• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pre-Order Two Limited Edition CURSE OF STRAHD Miniatures

Gale Force Nine has released another of the Curse of Strahd limited edition miniatures sets for pre-order; this one is of two figures - Rudolph Van Richten and Esmerelda d'Avenir. The two miniatures are unpainted, unassembled resin figures, and there are only 1,500 available. The figures were sculpted by Matt Bickley, and can be pre-ordered for $25.

Gale Force Nine has released another of the Curse of Strahd limited edition miniatures sets for pre-order; this one is of two figures - Rudolph Van Richten and Esmerelda d'Avenir. The two miniatures are unpainted, unassembled resin figures, and there are only 1,500 available. The figures were sculpted by Matt Bickley, and can be pre-ordered for $25.

71051.jpg

71051d.jpg
71051e.jpg
71051h.jpg
71051i.jpg

Van Richten isn't a young man anymore. He knows his road is coming to an end, but his work isn't done. He has come to Barovia to kill Strahd von Zarovich, the greatest vampire of them all. Van Richten has studied Strahd for years and knows he can't hope to best the vampire in a straight-up confrontation; he must wait for the right moment to strike.

Ezmerelda d'Avenir, a Vistana, is the protégé of Rudolph van Richten – despite the fact that her first encounter with the vampire hunter was anything but pleasant.

Contains 2 unpainted, unassembled resin figures. Pre-order them here.

Also available is Strahd on his Nightmare.

71050k.jpg

Mercule

Adventurer
I don't like any of these. Van Richten is the fault of the module -- the steampunk goggles aren't right for him. The mini of Esmerelda looks like Keith Richards. And Strahd... there's just nothing nice to say about that.

Pity. I'm a huge Ravenloft fan and might have bought some minis, if they'd been decent.

WackyAnne

First Post
IMHO the prepainted version of Esmerelda looks better than this (they finally have started to look decent with this latest release), and I already have Van Richten from DDM. I am actually relieved I won't be tempted to add to my piles of unpainted minis this time around...

S

Sunseeker

Yeah, I mean I have the Blue Dracolich, the Red Dragon, Lolth and some of the Elemental Evil limited figures but these guys are just...wowbad.

Patrick McGill

First Post
Not a fan of the molds. I am happy with Wiz Kids' Monster Menagerie, however. I feel like they've gotten better.

Still haven't pulled Strahd though, dammit. :mad:

Also rather annoying that they didn't have these ready at the same time as the others for a single group purchase, to save on shipping for people who do want the (ugly ass) minis. Especially since the module has been out for a good month now and three of the four products are still "preorder" and not in stores.

I'm not impressed with the speed or the quality of GF9's offerings.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
Did they put Strahd on a horse since the pre painted plastic from wizkids is on foot?

I just finished reading I strahd and the Knight of the black Rose and in neither book did Strahd ride a horse except when he was still alive. Was the Nightmare in the novel about his battle with Azalin?

I typically like their minis and have quite a few but these I might have to pass on these. Although on closer inspection, that facial paint job on Esmeralda is terrible. Trying to get too detailed made it look worse than it really is....bad pancake make up look on a middle aged lady when the sculp looks okay unpainted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads