• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Preferred Non-Dragon Flying Mount?

Preferred Non true dragon flying mount?

• Chimera

Votes: 10 3.8%
  • Griffin

Votes: 109 41.8%
  • Hippogrif

Votes: 20 7.7%
  • Manticore

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • Pegasus

Votes: 34 13.0%
  • Roc

Votes: 32 12.3%
  • Spider Eater

Votes: 8 3.1%
  • Wyvern

Votes: 28 10.7%
  • Yrthak

Votes: 11 4.2%

I like the Yrthak because it's the mount with a sonic attack which most things don't have a resistance against.

But if there's a classic image mount, I'd go have wyvern....

As far as the choices I put, I only bothered picking the Monster Manual not quite that intelligent mounts as choices. I know I could have picked Lammasu, Sphinx or Nightmare but they didn't go with the type of flying mount that I was thinking of (that you could have an intelligent conversation with).

boolean

Explorer
Sejs said:
You know, I honestly never realized just how truly ill-thought out a Spider Eater's poison was until this thread.

Initial Damage: None
Secondary Damage: Paralysis for 1d8+5 weeks.

It's to keep the food supply paralyzed while the eggs incubate and hatch.

Keeping the prey alive means you've got a nice fresh food source for the larva.

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
Pegasus. Easiest to feed.

What do you think the bodies of your fallen enemies are for? And they don't cost you anything. If its been a while since your last fight and your trusty steed is getting a little peaked-looking just feed him a few peasants, no one cares about them anyway.

An herbivore needs to eat every day, a large predator or omnivore can get along with a single big meal every few days.

MarkB

Legend
I voted hippogriff, but I'd've liked to see giant owl, giant eagle and dire bat in there. Dire bats make a great choice for the goblinoid rider.

And of course, Eberron adds the very attractive option of a Glidewing (Pteranodon).

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
Another vote for Giant Wasp

In Ebberon some druid sects (PrC's) can have bugs as animal companions,

The goblin riding a dragonfly was impossible to resist

Also in favor of Giant Owl, Giant Eagle, & Dire Bat.

Last edited:

Remove ads