WOIN Pregenerated Characters in the Starter Set

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
A quick look at the pregen character layout in the upcoming starter set. Note that this is an early draft, and the final may well change a little.

Screen Shot 2023-03-27 at 10.57.12 AM.png

TheHirumaChico

Explorer
Reading this pregen preview made me go back and read the Starter Rules draft again. Are the users of this new Starter Rules set only supposed to use the pregen characters to play it? Or is there any intent to allow players to create their own Starter Rules characters? If the latter, I am noticing that there is no actual description of how to calculate derived statistics, in particular DEFENSE values, in the Starter Rules draft. If the former, then I guess I have misunderstood the intention of this updated Starter Rules set. I'm now getting the impression that it is intended to be a limited free version like GURPS Lite to try and introduce players to the system and encourage them to go further and pick up the full versions of the genre books. Still, GURPS Lite does offer some simplified character creation rules that are in line with this stunted version of the rules, so you may want to consider offering the same.

Remove ads