Pregnant Kobolds (Pregnant Kobolds Stay Out)

Shemeska

Adventurer
Being in Sigil won't be a problem. The father was a half something proxy. Proxies are allowed in Sigil, just no more than that, and they must watch their actions. So the children will be some form of aasimar or tiefling, a minor planetouched. That the father was a proxy won't have a huge baring on the children, no demi-god children from this coupling.

And even if they were, they'd inevitably be shunted out of the Sigil the moment they were born. But since they're just planetouched, the birth if it occurs in Sigil won't be an issue at all. Below the gaze of Her Dread Majesty entirely. A section of the Gatehouse exploding outwards recently in the plot is more likely to draw Her gaze, or shadow.

I've got a number of options, including fostering the children for a time. But the future ramifications after birth are less a concern for me, I'm looking forwards to it actually. But the period immedietely is problematic, eggs till be layed in roughly a week or two weeks. And the PC's are in the midst of a nasty half dozen ongoing meta plots, some of which can lapse for the moment, others of which have proactive, and malign NPC's. I'm leaving this immediate period simply to the other characters whims, they'll come up with an interesting solution without needing a DM bailout.

elbandit

First Post
Re: Just Curious

Shemeska said:

Nope, not unless they lead a crazy life aside from the one I'm aware of them having. Most definately not.

Ah! That sorta explains it I guess.

As an actual parent I would never want to go through the motions of having children in my D&D game. While I love being a father, I find them to be hinderances to getting everything done in normal life and I do not want to think about trying to save the world agianst the forces of darkness with them in tow.

Ashy

First Post
Re: Re: Just Curious

elbandit said:

Ah! That sorta explains it I guess.

As an actual parent I would never want to go through the motions of having children in my D&D game. While I love being a father, I find them to be hinderances to getting everything done in normal life and I do not want to think about trying to save the world agianst the forces of darkness with them in tow.

I could not disagree with this more. In one of my longest running campaigns, I ran a fiesty lass who had a young son under more than normal circumstances - that lad slowly became the focus of an entirely new campaign and in fact spawned the creation of a whole new storyline and world! Kids can open things up for you just as quickly as they can close them down. Oh and I am the father of four... ;)

In regards to the kobold and the eggs, why not take them with you on your travels? Have the kobold spend some of her hard-earned jink to have a special "ethereal incubator" created in Sigil (or maybe you can get one at Snail Outfitters!), complete with a specially trained Ether Elf nanny! ;)

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Eh....orphanages are good. :) You could also have the character retire and stick a new one in her place...

Certainly, the idea of playing one of her kids (a half-celestial kobold...ehehhehee...) is a cool concept, after the campaign ends.

Remove ads