• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Preparing for 4e - What campaign will you run?

TwinBahamut

First Post
I'll probably take a lot of the stuff directly from the core books, and fuse that with a few Points of Light style ideas floating in my head to create a small-scale campaign. Something easy to run involving the heroes saving villages from monsters and undead.

Of course, I might just go with one of my older and somewhat more grand campaign ideas, but I will probably wait until I have a bit more practice with the game a stable group to play with.

EATherrian

First Post
I'm starting a new campaign in my homebrew. Moving to a part of the world that I previously left empty to help explain some of the differences. I am already trying to figure out how to fit the new stuff I've read about into it. The main fun for me is the world-building, so I enjoy this.

Mighty Veil

First Post
Not sure yet.

If PoL looks fine, perhaps that. Maybe I just make changes to some of it. I'll take a peek at 4e Relams. 3.5e Realms was the fork that said done, to me. I don't see myself going back to Realms but you never know. Maybe my current homebrew. The PoL and many 4e elements shouldn't be hard to transfer over. Maybe DDI will offer some older ones. Though only "Known World" (before it got all silly) slightly interests me. It would have to be relaunched at its start and not where it left off, for my tastes. I like the rise of Heldeen Freeholds but a kobold (shadow elf) Glantri prince, Kingdom of Karamekos, and a dying Thyatis doesn't do anything for me. And some of those nations outside of the regular ones are just silly (like the elf/gnoll one).

Dice4Hire

First Post
I have to say I like the Points of Light idea, and will probably run something like that. But then again, most of my games start that way. The characters are low leave, in a very isolated place, and then start out form there, to find out what world-encompassing thing is going on. So I do not see my first 4E campaign being all that different. I will be starting from 1st instead of 3rd or so this time.

Rechan

Adventurer
PoL as a home brew (I've never done Homebrew, never done lowish magical items, it really appeals to me), Pathfinder/Galaron, or Eberron.

The Feywild really excites me. I'm also itching to use my "Soviet-Style Psionic Insect occupying country" idea, and a few others.

Last edited:

Simia Saturnalia

First Post
More than likely the gathering of fluff and the building of a setting with that fluff, because some of my best world-building is done filing off the edges of interesting tidbits and making them fit together.
reanjr said:
Dragonborn - well I can't figure out a place for them yet.
"We have always been at war with Arkhosia"?

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
I'll either be playing in a friends game (which is likely to be Planescape based) or running my own game - and if it's my own, it'll be minimal preparation and preworldbuilding.

I'm considering just running the new adventure path modules, to be honest, and fleshing out any further background as we go along.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Unfortunately, the main campaign idea that's inspired by their fluff (PoL and the potential for distrust for adventurers) is hampered by their crunch (leaving the bard out). So for a out of the box campaign, my interests are sadly limited, without revelations about other classes. :\

Remove ads