• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PreReq's for Arcane Trickster

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Gaiden said:
Oh, and El Voz - [snip]

Gaiden - foul language, even thinly veiled, is inappropriate in these forums. Even if you take offense to someone, please keep it civil.

SpikeyFreak

First Post
You max ranks in an exclusive skill are based on the class that grants the skill, not character level.

The class is very powerful. Losing skill points shouldn't be a problem with a rogue/wizard because you are going to have a high int. That gives you oodles of skill points. Having a 16 int gives you 11(!) skill points on your rogue levels and 5 on your wizard levels, which averages out to 8 per level.

Then you start the PrC, and you get 7 per level, which usually is going to be enough.

--Civil Spikey

Gaiden

Explorer
To those I have offended - my apologies. In a moment of sleep deprived pissiness I reacted equally poor to another's foolish response.

Umbran - I humbly stand corrected.

Chun-tzu

First Post
SpikeyFreak is right.

Player's Handbook, page 56, 2nd paragraph:

If a skill is unavailable to a class (that is, if it's an exclusive skill that a multiclass character's other class doesn't have access to), then levels in that class don't increase the multiclass character's maximum ranks. For instance, the 7th level rogue/4th level wizard would have a maximum rank of 10 in Use Magix Device, an exclusive skill for rogues. The extra four levels in the wizard class do not increase the character's maximum rank with Use Magic Device.

Remove ads