• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Prestige Class for a Martyr

Pyske

Explorer
My DM has recently been hinting to me that my character's recent and future actions may bring me to the attention of powerful people, and suggesting that I should consider what prestige class I might want to join.

Our game is using a house rule that prestige classes have no prerequisites apart from being "invitation only".

I'm hoping some of you might have suggestions for what would fit, since I'm drawing a blank right now.

Morgan is a Priestess of Ilmater in the Forgotten Realms. She was designed to be a real team player: her personality combines warrior camaraderie, motherly nurturing, priestly mentoring, and worship of the god of martyrs. Mechanically, she's a pretty stereotypical cleric, if not a typical follower of Ilmater (heavy armor, healing, buff spells).

I can supply other character details, if needed, but I hate to make this a massive post, so I'll stop for the moment.

. . . . . . . -- Eric

Kai Lord

Hero
Pyske said:
My DM has recently been hinting to me that my character's recent and future actions may bring me to the attention of powerful people, and suggesting that I should consider what prestige class I might want to join.

Our game is using a house rule that prestige classes have no prerequisites apart from being "invitation only".

I'm hoping some of you might have suggestions for what would fit, since I'm drawing a blank right now.

Morgan is a Priestess of Ilmater in the Forgotten Realms. She was designed to be a real team player: her personality combines warrior camaraderie, motherly nurturing, priestly mentoring, and worship of the god of martyrs. Mechanically, she's a pretty stereotypical cleric, if not a typical follower of Ilmater (heavy armor, healing, buff spells).

I can supply other character details, if needed, but I hate to make this a massive post, so I'll stop for the moment.

Just have your character take 10 levels of the standard Monk as your prestige class. He'll be a martyr soon enough.

hammymchamham

First Post
Re: Re: Prestige Class for a Martyr

Kai Lord said:

Just have your character take 10 levels of the standard Monk as your prestige class. He'll be a martyr soon enough.

I'm just curious, did you really have to quote him in your reply? I mean, I was a little confused who you were replying to, until I realized you quoted the only other post.... :rolleyes:

Crothian

First Post
I'm playing a cleric who is a martyr waiting to happen. I asked the DM to allow me a few sessions becasue I really like the character, but if the oppurtunity presents itself he will sacrifice himself. I even have the perfect prestige class picked out and I have all the prerequites, just need to gain one more level to take my first level of Oozemaster. :D

Kai Lord

Hero
Re: Re: Re: Prestige Class for a Martyr

hammymchamham said:

I'm just curious, did you really have to quote him in your reply? I mean, I was a little confused who you were replying to, until I realized you quoted the only other post.... :rolleyes:

Why did you quote me? Did you think we wouldn't know which reply you were referring to?

Xarlen

First Post
I would write up a PrC that basicly is a joke about being dead (Full with a chart that has no BAB, Save, or special ability progression), but I'm lazy. So, just as long as I tossed in that silly sentiment. :)

Still trying to tell if this is a serious thread or not. :confused:

You could give yourself the ability to sacrifice temp CON points for spell levels, the spells level = to you PrC level, or HP at 5 per spell level. These must all heal back naturally.

At 5th level you can spontaneously cast another healing type spell, and one more fore each level past that, i.e., at 6th level you could spontaneously cast Heal, ect.. Low BAB, high WILL and FORT, full spell progression, add fluff abilities to taste, like +1 to all heal checks every level.

At 10th level, your death could acts as a Miracle spell.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Sounds like you want something like Brotherhood of the Scarred Hand. They sacrifice their own lifeforce to exchange that with another. You can find this Pr-class in the Scarred Lands Campaign Setting: Ghelspad. Or I can email you the Requirements and powers etc.

Pyske

Explorer
Jondor: For the record, yes, despite the silly (and amusing) answers, I'm 100% serious. Morgan is a worshiper of Ilmater, and has no death wish, just a belief that ideals are worth dying for and self-sacrifice is the noblest of all forms of good.

Wicht: I originally planned to go cleric all the way, and I may still do so. On the other hand, since my DM was specifically asking about what prestige classes I'd be interested in, I thought I should at least look into it. Besides, if something could enhance the self-sacrificing, team player, leadership oriented qualities and I can be recognized for these qualities in game, that sounds like a win-win situation to me.

Nightfall: Thanks for the suggestion. I have Ghelspad, but don't remember the class you're referring to. I'll check it out.

. . . . . . . -- Eric

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads