• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

prestige class questions (ab champ)

Eman Resu

First Post
Im interested in this sites common census on prestige classes there are some sources that are clearly more powerful than others. Which are commonly known or thought of here as "broken"? or under powered and thought of as "why did they even make this"?

I have seen some mentioned as broken, since we are starting out high level I wanted to avoid making 1 pc more powerful than the others right out of the gates, or gimped by a bad choice right from the start, so which prst classes to avoid or if there is a trick or tweak to fix them?

please add your own, but whats your opinion of...

almost broken, in the hands of exp player is

Abjurant champion
Bladesinger
Incantrix
Swiftblade

Ive read to just DM's bane these 2? as broken
Dread Necromancer
Ur Priest

and the Druid prestige that apparently creates the most powerful PC of all is the planar shepard major no no here ...I dont know what it meant but somebody wrote "they're the pun pun to the green thumb"

Eman Resu

First Post
Eman, does your list have some odd choices.

does it? These are just some of the prc that our groups have played or Ive heard mentioned repeatedly on this site. Am I to understand that you believe the prc's I listed are odd choices? Why is that?

I could probably remove the Bladesinger, the version I found I do believe was a wiki homebrew version I mistakingly thought was legit.

Dandu

First Post
The Bladesinger from the Complete Warrior makes you weaker for having taken it, Swiftblade and Abjurant Champion are powerful but not broken, Dread Necromancer is somewhere between Warmage and Beguiler in terms of power, and Incantatris is not "almost" broken unless almost means "jolly good".

Remove ads