• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Prestige Class Quests

Burn_Boy

First Post
Now before the flaming begins, I know that taking a prestige class doesn't mean your Rogue wakes up one day and becomes a Duelist. It's a representation of how much power your rogue has gained that they now have the abilities of a first level Duelist, or whatever class and prestige class you want to take.

To me though, it always seemed a bit off that, without a catalyst of some kind, a character could take his progression in a wildly different direction. This is shown in some prestige classes in the "Special" requirement, like killing someone for no other reason than becoming an Assassin but not every prestige class has a special requirement.

I've been looking over the base prestige classes and have been trying to come up with quests and such for certain prestige classes. For an example, using the Assassin, giving a player a contract to kill someone, you can fulfill the "special" requirement, give that player some "screen time" and also introduce an NPC who can provide the players with a contact in an area and also someone who owes them one if they need it.

So far I've come up with catalysts for several prestige classes but I'd like some feedback and help if no one minds.

Assassin: The player reaches a level of prestige that when the noble needs someone to take out the leader of those bandits in the woods you have the kill you need and also the noble now owes you a favor.

Dragon Disciple: Players draconic heritage is painfully obvious and the player goes on a spirit quest of some kind to release his inner "dragoness" -or- the players may encounter the dragon that the player has in his bloodline.

Pathfinder Chronicler: This one has a special but it can also be used with someone wanting to go Loremaster or Mystic Theruge who've found a new way to cast a divination spell (Loremaster) or found how to use divine spell slots for arcane magic or vice versa (Mystic Theurge).

These are the few I've been able to come up with on my own. I know these aren't needed but they can be useful to give a PC who doesn't role play as much the same "screen time" as other players and can also give you next week's session.

If anyone has any ideas for the other prestige classes or some improvements and such for the ones I've thought up, please share.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads