• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Prestige Class search help!

tecnodemon

First Post
Ok I was not sure if this is the thread fro this question I need help. I am playing a Wild Elf 5th level Druid wanting go further with my cahracter's concept. My concept for this character is wanting to somehow breed animals or create chimera and later on have hime become a chimera type class/race or close to an avatar of animal/nature.

Now with all the D20 books out there, which publisher/product has a prestige class that is similar to what I am looking for. Please help, thanks..

David Argall

First Post
sin!

A druid that wants to breed new and weird types of animals? That sounds a great deal like an abomination in druid eyes. You threaten the balance of nature.

Such breeding is likely a mage activity.

rijeagle

First Post
Druids don't deal with creature types outside of 'animals' and 'plants'. Creating creatures of those types is an abberation to nature, and a druid would not create.

Your looking for an arcane PrC, sorry to say.

tecnodemon

First Post
Ok may should say not a tamer or a wrangler but more like a communion type person of nature/animals.
I there one that allows to do hybrid forms of animals as well? Similar to the Geomancer but not dealing with the arcane part from Masters of the Wild?

Ramien Meltides

First Post
Now why COULDN'T a druid end up breeding some funky creatures? Aren't druids, in general, pretty much the experts when it comes to the denizens of nature - animals and plants?

I could easily see an evil druid attempting to breed some kind of foul monster combining the worst traits of say, a worg and a blink dog he has captive.

A neutral druid may attempt to create new plant sentinels to protect a grove that is constantly under attack by a logging guild or a flame cult.

A good druid could breed the strongest, most valued horses in the land or be famed for the quality of his war dogs and hunting hounds.

Breeding new species seems to be right up the druid's alley. IMHO when you come right down to it, the study of life is the druid's calling... all forms of life. (and ending life is certainly part of that cycle, when it comes to evil druids for example)

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
You want to go buy Wulf Ratbane's "Heroes of High Favor: Half-orcs." The barbarian-druid prestige class is exactly what you're looking for.

tecnodemon

First Post
Piratecat said:
You want to go buy Wulf Ratbane's "Heroes of High Favor: Half-orcs." The barbarian-druid prestige class is exactly what you're looking for.

Problem, I am not not playing a half-Orc, I Thought that is a speciality for Orcs cause there blood and myth pre-say.

Cedric

First Post
You know...it's funny. We think of druids as the protector's and preservers of nature. And yet...

If you look through their spell list. They have numerous spells that just allow them to twist and change nature. Sorry, but I can't think of the druid as someone trying to preserve nature and keep it unchanged. They are entirely too good at manipulating nature to serve their own ends.

Cedric

tecnodemon

First Post
Yeah I agree. I mean come on look at the spells for enflicting posion and nonleathal damage spells - chill touch plus area effect damage Call Lighting. Druids are so mis understood for they could be your best or worst emeny if annoyed to much.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
tecnodemon said:

Problem, I am not not playing a half-Orc, I Thought that is a speciality for Orcs cause there blood and myth pre-say.

It doesn't especially matter. The prestige class could easily be used with another race, and it has good rules for making bizarre amalgams of different animals.

Believe me, if you want to create a animal-merging druid, this is the best class I've seen for it. Anyways, it's less than $10. Mmmm, cheap. :)

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads