• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Prestige Classes for Magical Beasts?

Hollywood

First Post
Crothian said:
The sample chapter (it's free :D) of Monster's Handbook. Great book by the way, the sample chapter

Does the full book have more than 2 prestige classes for magical beasts or is that it?

Crothian

First Post
The rest of the book covers different creature types, so that's it on the magical beast section.

Was there something specific you had in mind for magical beast prestige class?

Hollywood

First Post
Crothian said:
The rest of the book covers different creature types, so that's it on the magical beast section.

Mms... thats sorta light, is the rest of the book that light?

Was there something specific you had in mind for magical beast prestige class?

Not in particular, was looking for some to give a magical beast character some flavor. Obviously PrCs that revolve around being mounts don't work all that well...:)

Crothian

First Post
I didn't think it was that light. They cover most of the creature types offering many different options to change them up and make them a little or a lot different then the norm. I just got it, so haven't had a chance to really sit down and use it but it seems rather versatile.

As for the character, well, what type of creature is it?

Hollywood

First Post
Crothian said:
I didn't think it was that light. They cover most of the creature types offering many different options to change them up and make them a little or a lot different then the norm. I just got it, so haven't had a chance to really sit down and use it but it seems rather versatile.

Will have to take a gander if I run across it in a store.

As for the character, well, what type of creature is it?

Half-orc reincarnated as a leopard.

Hollywood

First Post
Originally posted by Crothian That is a tough one. What's the character's focus?

He is a wizard, or at least as much as you can be as a magical beast, and was looking at going back to his "roots" as a barbarian.. but thought I'd look and see what was out there as far as PrCs to give more flavor down the road.

Crothian

First Post
Well, you could give him the feat natural spell allowing him to cast spells in his new form. Then take any magic oriented prestige class. All assuming the DM's okay with it, I think you're in a new are not well covered by the books. I really don't have any good suggests, sorry.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads