• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Prettiest fantasy maps

Mercurius

Legend
Gez said:
I like this one (large image). It's fan-made and for a CRPG mod project, but it's really great.

That is well done, however call me a luddite but I have a hard time getting into maps when they look like they're from computer games--I prefer hand-drawn. Certainly there are some nice computer-made maps, but once they get into that computer game look I just get a bit turned off.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
From the Wayback Machine...

I always loved the old Judge's Guild maps. Not glossy or flashy...just huge sepiatone hexgrid maps with lots and lots to explore...

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Dannyalcatraz said:
From the Wayback Machine...

I always loved the old Judge's Guild maps. Not glossy or flashy...just huge sepiatone hexgrid maps with lots and lots to explore...

Yep. Many of those are very nice, as well (although some of the World Emperor maps seem to be composed largely of blank hexes).

James Heard

Explorer
Let me cast another vote for Eric Anondson's maps. Seriously, it's one thing to check out the awesomeness that's the thumbnail previews, and it's a completely different, totally mind-boggling thing to actually download the beasts and scroll around them.

Another impressive set of maps can be found at Virtual Verduria.

Remove ads