Previews for September and Beyond

Dark Psion

First Post
To answer the previous question, yes the preview does play a big part on if I buy a book or not. I don't have any nearby FLGS, so I have to order online. I have had most of these books pre-ordered by Amazon for months, but if I see a bad preview (see Monster Manual IV), I will cancel it and wait for reviews and that may decide if I go back and buy the book later (like I did with The Book of Nine Swords) or let is pass (Like MM4).

Now some books I will get, no matter what the preview says (like the Eberron book and Darkmatter D20), but the lack of a preview means I might just let Dragon Magic wait for some reviews.

Anti-Sean

First Post
Kishin said:
I dunno. I found the whole Emerald Claw thing kinda cheesy, in all honesty, and I had always thought it was implied that the dragons of Argonessen were opposed to all half dragons.
It's kind of a cheesy name for a dragon, but I like the esoteric source the Order used for their name, it's a nice tie-in. I've always seen (if I'm remembering what Hellcow has said here and elsewhere) that the opposition to Erandis d'Vol wasn't so much that she was a half-dragon and that all half-dragons were abominations, but that she was a half-dragon with a functional dragonmark. The combination of dragon blood and a dragonmark gave her the potential for power on a massively larger scale than any other elf with the Mark of Death would have had; thus, she needed to be eliminated, as well as the rest of the elves and dragons associated with her so another one like her couldn't come about again.

The text in the preview seems to contradict that somewhat and push forth the previously unsupported but often assumed notion that all half-dragons in Eberron were attacked on sight. That might be a misinterpretation on my pat due to the shortness of the preview, but if that turns out to be the case, I'll just merrily ignore that detail in my own campaign. Other than that, I found the preview tantalizing - I love the Blood of Vol, and it'll be great to see how they've fleshed them out.

Man, I want this book *now*. Amazon lists the release date as 9/12, but they're not always the most reliable. Can anyone else confirm that? I'm salivating for it over here!

Dark Psion

First Post
Anti-Sean said:
Man, I want this book *now*. Amazon lists the release date as 9/12, but they're not always the most reliable. Can anyone else confirm that? I'm salivating for it over here!

So far this year, Amazon has been very good on shipping D&D books. I have got several on their Tuesday relese date.

Razz

Banned
Banned
I already got Dragon Magic in the mail today and loving it. They added a new Vestige in there too, the infamous Ashardalon. Booksamillion was the way to go! :D

Gold Roger

First Post
Razz said:
I already got Dragon Magic in the mail today and loving it. They added a new Vestige in there too, the infamous Ashardalon. Booksamillion was the way to go! :D

Make athread. NOW! :D

No really it would be great if you told us a bit more about this book, seeing how there is about nothing known about it except that it has a warlock-like baseclass.

crazy_cat

Adventurer
crazy_cat said:
They still don't seem to sure how many pages The Twilight Tomb module consists of, which is suprising given it goes on sale later this month so you'd kind of hope they might have printed a few copies of it by now...

Vanye said:
???

This is a 160-page adventure set in the Forgotten Realms
Seems to me that they know.

Its look clear as clear could be, until you read the products page of the WOTC website:

WOTC webite said:
Format Trade Paperback
Page Count 32

Are things any clearer now?

Razz

Banned
Banned
Gold Roger said:
Make athread. NOW! :D

No really it would be great if you told us a bit more about this book, seeing how there is about nothing known about it except that it has a warlock-like baseclass.

Then go here where I have posted A LOT of information on Dragon Magic already. Enjoy!

DRAGON MAGIC

Remove ads