Prey 2022 [spoilers]

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
was she eating the flowers the whole movie. The preadtor was hunting broken people (dying/very wounded). So its either becasue she ate the flower or because it served the plot. It killed and skinned the snake which was very small
No, the predator was not hunting broken people. He killed the snake, the wolf, the bear, the voyageurs, the Comanche hunters - basically everyone and everything putting up a fight or perceived as being in the position to do so. In other words - mainly other predators, not their prey.

No, the predator was not hunting broken people. He killed the snake, the wolf, the bear, the voyageurs, the Comanche hunters - basically everyone and everything putting up a fight or perceived as being in the position to do so. In other words - mainly other predators, not their prey.
he killed the guy with 1 leg who was basically a lure at the end plus he killed the dying guy. Both were not threats

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I was a bit confused by the part with the predator's helmet. Didn't the predator realize that they were no longer wearing it?

I was a bit confused by the part with the predator's helmet. Didn't the predator realize that they were no longer wearing it?
I think he did, but the projectile he shoots first flies in a straight line, and only retargets in case they miss.
So the only thing he loses without the helmet is the ability to retarget them - and he didn't expect any of his prey to use his helmet to target him, the standard case is just that they fly off somewhere else.

A thing I liked is that pretty much all the warriors and even the trappers seemed to be decent fighter, though the Commanche were particularly badass. They only underestimated the Predator's resilience and strength and there wasn't really anyway they could anticipate his gadgets... Our heroine only really gets the chance to figure them out because she gets to watch them used a lot without being targeted.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
A thing I liked is that pretty much all the warriors and even the trappers seemed to be decent fighter, though the Commanche were particularly badass. They only underestimated the Predator's resilience and strength and there wasn't really anyway they could anticipate his gadgets... Our heroine only really gets the chance to figure them out because she gets to watch them used a lot without being targeted.
yup, and they make a point in the story to tell us that shes always been the most observant of them all, noticing things others dont - the way the director layed down all the peices as part of the build up story was masterfully done in the movie, absolutely everything that Naru needed was laid out for us, thus building plausibility

Zardnaar

Legend
Damn good movie easily the best one since the originals it's on Disney+ here. Watched them all a year or two ago.

I smell a sequel I think she sentenced her tribe to death. That pistol is the same one at the end of Predator 2 in the Yajuta ship.

They didn't remake the first one, did their own thing, minimal fan service but with nods to previous movies.

Remove ads