Prey 2022 [spoilers]

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Not a cave painting, but a buffalo hide painting.

I really dug the movie. Great cinematography, excellent choreography, clever protagonists, and a novel soundtrack. I'm so tired of bog standard 'action movie' scores. This one really stood out to me.
The soundtrack reminded me of Last of the Mohicans. That was an excellent soundtrack also.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
A bunch of my friends are now talking about rewatching it in the Comanche dub.
We started with the Comanche dub, because I had heard that the actors filmed scenes in both languages, but the dub was very clearly a post-production dub, so we went with the original English.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
We started with the Comanche dub, because I had heard that the actors filmed scenes in both languages, but the dub was very clearly a post-production dub, so we went with the original English.
That was my understanding as well. I was also perplexed by the subtitles of the standard dub. They just transcribed the audio, in whatever language it was. OK for me when they spoke English or French, but I don't understand Comanche, so I missed all those lines.

Really want to see this, but can't afford another streaming service. I mostly want to see it because it's nice to see a Native production starring Native actors, especially ones from the US. As much as I love Adam Beach and Graham Greene, both are Canadian, and it's very good to see other nations in North America being shown on film. Makes me feel a little less lonely.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
That’s not why. Its because of what she was eating
I think you guys are talking about different incidents of the predator discounting Naru as a threat. He ignores here when she's in the animal trap and tied to the tree with her brother and is discounted as a threat. She isn't spotted when she uses the medicine to slow her metabolism and reduce her body temperature even though she is a threat at that point.

Hey, ninja'ed.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Do you think the predator thought Naru wasn't a threat because she's a female?
No, that had very little to do with it imho. The Predator was hunting other dangerous predators, the snake, wolf and bear were all potential threats and thus worthy targets - Naru was a small and not much of an apparent threat so not a worthy kill.

i really liked it. the writer/director understood the first movie and gave us much the same plot adapted to new characters. I like that they clearly let us know that although she might not be strong, Naru was observant and skilled enough to use her environment to advantage - the orange flower was a big chekovs, plus the bog which was one of many nods to the first movie. I thought she might get a bit marysue, but in the context of the genre it worked out okay.
I would have liked to see more Comanche culture, but accept it wasnt a documentary so can forgive that

Last edited:

HawaiiSteveO

Blistering Barnacles!
The cast was terrific all around. Interesting how Naru used her wits and environment to her advantage, while the predator pretty much relied on tech and brute strength (and tons of HP and maybe a Second Wind or two!) Arnie did this back in the day, but in current case was fresh and well thought out . The voyageurs were a nice twist / complication and suitably obnoxious.
As a side note, filmed in my neck of the woods on Stoney Nakoda Nations.

Where Was Prey Filmed? Shooting Locations Explained

Last edited:

I think you guys are talking about different incidents of the predator discounting Naru as a threat. He ignores here when she's in the animal trap and tied to the tree with her brother and is discounted as a threat. She isn't spotted when she uses the medicine to slow her metabolism and reduce her body temperature even though she is a threat at that point.

Hey, ninja'ed.
was she eating the flowers the whole movie. The preadtor was hunting broken people (dying/very wounded). So its either becasue she ate the flower or because it served the plot. It killed and skinned the snake which was very small

Remove ads