• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Price-changes at Amazon. How often?

Stegger

First Post
Hi,
I hope somebody can help me with this.
The problem: The prices for various d&d books are just so much higher here in Denmark compared to the prices I can get them for at amazon.com, even with taxes (25%) and p&p added. I just went to amazon.com this morning and looked at +10 books I would have liked to have bought. My gf said that she perhaps wanted some other books for casual reading and decided to wait till she got home from work. Now the prices for several of the books has just increased, that is that the +30% discount is off..... resulting in a total of +60$ :(
So my question is just, do these discount return again at a later date or is it normally just a one-time offer they have on there? I have noticed that the price for the WLD has been going up and down a couple of times, but are this more the rule than the exception at amazon?
Thanks,
Stegger

reanjr

First Post
Stegger said:
Hi,
I hope somebody can help me with this.
The problem: The prices for various d&d books are just so much higher here in Denmark compared to the prices I can get them for at amazon.com, even with taxes (25%) and p&p added. I just went to amazon.com this morning and looked at +10 books I would have liked to have bought. My gf said that she perhaps wanted some other books for casual reading and decided to wait till she got home from work. Now the prices for several of the books has just increased, that is that the +30% discount is off..... resulting in a total of +60$ :(
So my question is just, do these discount return again at a later date or is it normally just a one-time offer they have on there? I have noticed that the price for the WLD has been going up and down a couple of times, but are this more the rule than the exception at amazon?
Thanks,
Stegger

Amazon's prices change as often as you log in. They use a very experimental price scheme where they will give one price to one group of people and another price to another group to attain data that they can analyze for maximum profit. The price will be different for different people. It will be different if you are not logged in. It will be different if you a good customer.

There is no predictability to Amazon's prices, though they tend to level out a bit as the product gets older.

Hell, I just qualified to receive pi/2 % discount on all my purchases. That's right. One-half pi (3.14159...) percent.

Hope that helps.

Remove ads