• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

price of H1 Keep on the Shadowfell

The_Baldman

Explorer
MerricB said:
I'm sort of amazed that we don't know more about H1 yet. (Obviously the core book previews are overwhelming everything). Mike posted those excerpts above about a month back. I'm trying to find out more.

Cheers!

I also believe that unless something changed the book is in full color front to back (which I find nice and does add some cost). So that is another thing that seperates in from the Sunless Citadel line that started out 3.0 (and the maps are nice).

Dave

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
ki11erDM said:
And for people that think $25 (retail) is too much I paid $20 for my crudely bound black and white 1st addition books in the mid to late 80s. /sigh I am getting old : (
$20 in 1987 = $37.35 in 2007.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
This from the May 5 Weekly Email Update from WotC

Keep on the Shadowfell info -
Keep on the Shadowfell is releasing in just over 2 weeks, and since it's the first playable 4th edition product we felt it should get some special attention. This adventure is really something special - a full 80 page adventure for low level characters (levels 1-3), 3 double sided maps for use in the adventure AND 16 pages of quick-start rules so people can start playing 4th edition early and right out of the gate all wrapped up in a very nice presentation make this adventure not only attractive now, but useful in the long term for those folks adopting D&D 4th edition later. Don't miss out on one of the best introductory adventures made ever, preorder your copy of Keep on the Shadowfell and make sure your 4th edition section will have a nice introductory adventure from day 1!
Also, MSRP is $29.95(US) and street date is still May 20.

edit: The email is sent to subscribing retailers.

Last edited:

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Woo... thanks a lot!

80 page adventure? That's nice. Sure, it'll be the problematic Delve format, but still...

Cheers!

Shroomy

Adventurer
MerricB said:
Woo... thanks a lot!

80 page adventure? That's nice. Sure, it'll be the problematic Delve format, but still...

Cheers!

While I don't really mind the delve format, I wonder if 4e is more suited to it. For one thing, there should be more room for interesting encounter details given the size of 4e statblocks.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Shroomy said:
While I don't really mind the delve format, I wonder if 4e is more suited to it. For one thing, there should be more room for interesting encounter details given the size of 4e statblocks.

Indeed. I'm wondering that as well.

I've yet to actually run an adventure using the Delve format (Paizo's Savage Tide doesn't use it), so I'm not actually sure about how usable it is. Certainly it causes me headaches when I try to read the adventure in the first place.

Cheers!

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
thalmin said:
Dietiest & Demigods (AD&D)

Deities and Demigods? ;)

I'm almost sure you're mistaking me with someone else, as I haven't been looking for a D&DG. It's one of the AD&D hardcovers I don't have - I have the later version of Legends & Lore - but I can't say I'm particularly worried about not having it. (Nor not having a Wilderness Survival Guide).

Cheers!

Remove ads