• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Priests big list of Exotic Weapons

Priest

First Post
All the weapons listed below are exotic weapons found outside of D&D that I have attempted stats for

Yataghan
Cost: 50 Gp
DMG 1d8
Crit: 18-20/x2
Range ----
Wt. 3 lbs.

Favored by Elves, and by human cultures that favor curved blades the Yataghan is a irregularly curved weapon of emmense beauty and precision.

Add yours below please ( I have more to come including a Falcatta, a Broadsword, a Whipsword, a Thickblade, a Kris, a Quilliam (Disc X-bow), and a Shiv

bmcdaniel

Adventurer
Pike

Pike: This spear is so long that it has 15 foot reach. It is so unwieldy that it only threatens three adjacent squares at that distance. Changing the threatened area is a move-equivalent action (that can be combined with movement). Like a spear, a pike can be set to receive a charge. The Pike is an exotic weapon.

1d8 damage, 20x3 critical, 15 lb., piercing, 15 foot reach (special), Large weapon, Exotic. 30 gp.

Priest

First Post
Wágh-Nakh
Medium Sized
Dmg: 1d6
Crit: x3
Range ------
Wt. 4lbs
Type Slashing

The Wágh-Nakh is a claw like two handed weapon consisting of conjoining claw shaped hooks attached to a long flat bar with two grip rings at either end. Wielded in a tiger like raking motion, this weapon is famous for gutting its wielders foe.

Sharpened Paddle [ large]
Dmg 1d8 [P] 1d4 [bl]
Crit x3
Range ----
Wt. 7lbs.
Type Piercing/ Bludgeoning

Used by tribal islanders, and by merfolk the Sharpened paddle is used as both a bludgeoning weapon (by using the flat of the paddle) and as a piercing weapon (by using the sharpened wooden point of the paddle) Some carry a heavy coconut ball on there opposite ends (1d4 Sub).

Happiest_Sadist

First Post
The last 2 are awful weapons. By my calculations they deserve to be simple weapons. The claws have the same stats as a halfspear, and the second is a shortspear with a very minor secondary ability.

If you want them to be exotic, how about this.
Wagh Nakh: Size Medium, d6 damage 18-20/x2 crit
Wielders of the Wagh Nakh may fight with two as if they held a light weapon in their off hand.

Sharpened Paddle: Size Large, d10 slashing/d6 bludgeoning x2 crit, may be used as a double weapon.

The Yataghan is perfectly balanced.

Now my weapons.
Dire Club: A weapon favored by monstrous humanoids, it is formed by adding heavy stone shards to a greatclub, wrapping the head in chains or similar. It may be wieled by large charachters in two hands as a martial weapon.
Size: Large
Damage: 2d8, x2 crit. Bludgeoning or Bludgeoning/piercing.

Lead Filled Mace: A mace with and overlarge head which is hollowed out and filled with molten lead. Devastating when it connects solidly.
Size: Medium
Damage: d8, x4 Crit.

Stiletto: A fine dagger favored by assasins
Size: Tiny
Damage: d6, x4 crit.

Priest

First Post
Good points on the two weapons, though I believe that they are exotic in that they are not of the general every persons pool of weapons.

That the Wagh Nakh is a little out of tune is true justly because its stats are not well tested...I feel that if I were to place a better crit it would be 19-20/x2 though not the one step further down.

The paddle I except your errata for it fits better with the Book of Swords by Richard Burton from which I draw my source material.

Now to the next in my list of weapons

Executioners Sabre-Knife
DMG 1d6
Crit 18-20/x2
Range ----
Wt. 3lbs.
Cost 12 GP
Type Slashing

This scimitar shaped sabre ends in a reverse line whorl. Used mostly by thieve takers and executioners the sabre knife has found a following in the hands of Orkish brigands, and as a favored weapon of buckaneers.

Ferret

Explorer
Tigers claw [Tiny, exotic]
This dagger-like weapon has a finger hole on the hilt in which you insert your finger. The blade splits in two towards the end.
DMG 1d4
Crit 20/x3
Range ----
Wt. 1lbs.
Cost 34 GP
Special: All criticals are considered wounding attacks, they deal 1 pount of damage per round for a number of rounds equal to half the base damage.
Type Slashing
Saber tooth

Whip-dart [Small, Exotic]
At first this seems to be a slightly less barbed whip dagger, however, it is in fact a dart, that can be expelled and make a ranged attack.
DMG 1d4
Crit 20
Range 15ft/20ft
Wt. 1lbs.
Cost 251 GP
Type: Slashing/Piercing

Coming next the Maiho

Thresher

First Post
Huela'kyil B'luthyrr
Size
Small
Damage
1D4
Critical
19-20/x2
Range
20feet
Cost: 600gp
Considered a masterwork weapon

This rare and complicated hand crossbow mounts the handgrip and trigger mechanism forward from its normal location so that the stock lies flat along the users forearm. A charging leaver pulls the string back after firing and allows a new bolt to be dropped down from a magazine which contains 5 others.
The weapon suffers a high failure rate if the bowstring is not frequently replaced (every 50shots) and the internal parts not oiled regually.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Shadowclaw
Small Exotic Weapon
Cost: 35 gp
Damage: 1d6
Critical: 20, x3
Weight: 4 lb
Type: Piercing

Shadowclaws are large clawed gauntlets favored by ninja, assassins and even some particularly savage rangers. The gauntlet extends halfway up the arm of a Medium-sized individual. The wearer of a shadowclaw can still manipulate objects in that hand. Shadowclaws can not be disarmed through the use of a disarm action.

The cost and weight are given for a single shadowclaw.

Demiurge out.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads