• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Primeval Thule for D&D 5e is out in PDF!

ShadoWWW

Explorer
[h=1]5e THULE ready to ship (digitally)![/h]We are ready to release the Primeval THULE 5e Campaign Setting PDF to backers! We are sending out download codes to all backers that pledged for the Digital Thule bundle. This includes all backers at the Digital Thule, Book+Digital level, Deluxe, and Premium levels. We are using DriveThruRPG to fulfill digital rewards. The download code/link emailed to you from DriveThruRPG will take you to DTRPG and add the title to your shopping cart with the price set to zero. Simply check out to get your title.
The Digital Bundle currently includes just the Campaign Setting PDF. As the stretch goals are completed, we will add the files to the bundle and they will become available for download. If you haven't seen the code yet, check your spam filters, and send us a kickstarter message if you don't see it within a day or so, and we can resend you your download link.
[h=1]Stretch Goal Content Underway[/h]With the 5e update of the campaign setting out of the way, we can turn our attention fully to finishing the stretch goal content. Robert J Schwalb and Steve Winter have already been working on their respective adventures, and we are enlisting the aid of Steven Townshend to provide some content for the GM Companion. We've got exciting new content planned in the GM Companion, including two new nefarious organizations, a new Great Old One, a campaign arc, monsters, adventure sites, and some optional rules for GMs to add to their THULE campaigns.
[h=1]Slacker Backer Page Coming Down Soon[/h]We'll be pulling down the post-kickstarter page from our website shortly, as we need to finalize the lists for fulfillment. You've got a day or two before it's gone, if you've got any last minute add-ons you want to grab!
[h=1]Printer Getting Ready[/h]With files ready to go, we've got our printer warming up. We'll have a firm timeline in the coming days once the printer lets us know where our run fits into their print schedule.
That's all for now - more detailed outlines of the Companion books will be forthcoming, and we'll nail down our delivery dates for physical product. Plus we have to record a video of Sasquatch yelling out a bunch of random stuff!
Carry on!
-The Sasquatches: Stephen, David, and Richard

speculart

First Post
I am only a 1/4 in and it is all I want from a setting. Great mood. Awesome inspiration on every page.
I was hoping Shadow of the Demon Lord would be set out more like this but I think it focused too heavily on the mechanics too quickly.
Thulle on the other hand is pretty crunch light so far but that is perfect...I WANT to get swept up in the setting before I am wrenched out of it with mechanics.
Loving it

Psikerlord#

Explorer
I love the world/atmosphere. Especially the (i) low magic, (ii) late bronze/early iron age, (iii) danger is everywhere/nowhere is really safe, and (iv) the Old Ones themes.

I think the mechanics of the narratives/backgrounds and races are overall pretty good (besides the Atlantean - which seems like a straight downgrade from bonus "Feat" human - boo!).

I do very much like the Dwarves with their secret steel, and the tribal Halflings.

Last edited:

Barantor

Explorer
I've got the 13th Age version - what 5E mechanics does this version have?

Cheers!

Backgrounds are different than normal 5E ones in that they have additional abilities that happen at different levels.

Armor and weapon rules that limit things.

Very nice bestiary.

The big one is the backgrounds, they have 19 and call them 'narratives' rather than backgrounds, but they are in truth just expanded and powered up backgrounds.

Human, Dwarf, Halfling, and Elf get different fluff and subraces and the Atlantean Human race is more of like a 'high elf' for humans in a way.

I plan on reviewing it on my discussion night! http://www.twitch.tv/barantor

Psikerlord#

Explorer
Yeah the "backgrounds" are much more powerful than PHB backgrounds. They typically grant an ability at 1st, 6th and 10th level. Often a short rest style power, a social bonus, and a world building bonus like at 10th level, one background gets a pirate ship and crew, for example. Another gets a temple and followers, and another gets a legion of up to 100 men or something, I forget now exactly.

It's pretty damn cool. But much higher power than the standard 5e background. They kind of remind me of 2e kits more than 5e backgrounds..?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads