D&D 5E Primordials & Titans, Improved

I am looking for sources on details and stat blocks for Primordials or Titans. Can anyone point me in the right direction? In general I'm looking for creatures in the CR 28-35 range for a tier 4 party of 6.

I know about Maegara in SKT, and that stat block sucks. Boring and not tough enough.

I also know of the great work of @dave2008 , but his work seems a bit too much for me, as my PCs don't have the magic that his work seems to necessitate.

Perhaps something in between? Perhaps there are other titans like the astral dreadnought or terasque? But something unique (i.e. not just a kraken)

Of interest are those who might be able to devour and destroy an artifact. Perhaps by chomping or stimping :) Those of particular interest to me include: Grumbar, Arambar?, Blazing Rorn, Bwimb, Draunn, Mual-Tar, Ubtao?

jgsugden

Legend
How do you want to use them? What types of abilities should they have? When you're at those power levels, I think you're best off starting with an understanding of how the creature will be used before you consider what stats will be appropriate. Are you just looking for a combt? Or will they be impacting the world around them? Or will they be someone with which the PCs will be negotiating?

So I want to creature(s) to be able to destroy an artifact. I imagine by biting and digesting it. So a tarrasque bite and swallow wit acid or something more interesting is appropriate. The party's goal is to get an artifact destroyed (one of Ebondeath's phylacteries), not defeat the monster. So, they don't need to be able to kill it. If they free it, then they will either need to be able to capture it again, or kill it, or pay the price as they set it free in the world...

The larger plan is to have a version of Megaera that they use to destroy one of the artifacts/phylacteries, then to have to use a different primordial or titan to destroy the second one.

Does that make sense?

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
Maybe take inspiration from the elder elementals of MToF, but give them the Mythic trait of some creatures from Theros to make them tougher. (which make them count as two CR 23-ish creatures)

or

Planeshift: Ixalan had an elder dinosaur called Etali, the Primal Storm as some kind of storm tarrasque and Emrakul whose more on the eldritch horror side of things. (Both CR30)

There Tromokratis, a legendy kraken from Theros (CR26)

I am looking for sources on details and stat blocks for Primordials or Titans. Can anyone point me in the right direction? In general I'm looking for creatures in the CR 28-35 range for a tier 4 party of 6.

I know about Maegara in SKT, and that stat block sucks. Boring and not tough enough.

I also know of the great work of @dave2008 , but his work seems a bit too much for me, as my PCs don't have the magic that his work seems to necessitate.

Perhaps something in between? Perhaps there are other titans like the astral dreadnought or terasque? But something unique (i.e. not just a kraken)

Of interest are those who might be able to devour and destroy an artifact. Perhaps by chomping or stimping :) Those of particular interest to me include: Grumbar, Arambar?, Blazing Rorn, Bwimb, Draunn, Mual-Tar, Ubtao?
CR 35 does not exist officially. 30 is the max.

Remove ads