• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Princes of the Apocalypse Adventure Hooks

SilverBulletKY

First Post
I'm having trouble trying to figure out how some of these would work? For example, the first one, Best Served Cold - You must find and defeat Windharrow. Why? Why does the character want to do this? Some of them make more sense, like being robbed by a certain character and wanting revenge.. but some are really open.

Rhenny

Adventurer
I have an air genasi PC in my group, so I invented the story that Windharrow was suspected as engineering the theft of a great horn relic from the air genasi. (The horn that the air cult has in the adventure). I left the rumor unsubstantiated so the PC needs to investigate further. The player is into it!

ryan92084

Explorer
I had my players roll for them ( I nixed one I didn't like) and gave them a brief teaser of the information. They then had the option of incorporating it into their backstory or not. It actually ended up working better than I had expected.

That said the retooled list above does sound more intriguing.

Remove ads