• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Princes of the Apocalypse is now Available inAmazon

Prism

Explorer
It belongs in Greyhawk.

So far it doesn't appear to be at all related to the Greyhawk temple of elemental evil.

Some people are assuming Tharizdun will be in it in some form. Maybe, and if so maybe it does connect with Greyhawk. But maybe it won't but even if it does, more has probably been written about Tharizdun during 4e in Nerath and Faerun than was ever in Greyhawk where he played a minor bit part

Last edited:

GregoryOatmeal

First Post
It's not moving. People are getting sore about stuff they don't understand.

The original Temple of Elemental Evil did not even involve the Elemental Princes.

Oh... :(

I thought it was a massive TOEE campaign. Never played the original. That's really disappointing. I was actually really hyped about the dungeon. It would have actually been really convenient for me if they placed it in the realms too.

With the concurrent release of a TOEE board game I thought that was a fair assumption.

Prism

Explorer
Oh... :(

I thought it was a massive TOEE campaign. Never played the original. That's really disappointing. I was actually really hyped about the dungeon. It would have actually been really convenient for me if they placed it in the realms too.

With the concurrent release of a TOEE board game I thought that was a fair assumption.

Well it has similar themes - being about a cult that worships elemental evil but from the description it looks like four individual dungeons/temples each dedicated to one of the princes of evil. And they are set in the realms

The original was a single dungeon dedicated to elemental evil in general. It was actually a front for a powerful demon.

The return to the temple (3e) was a front to Tharizdun for some reason

JWO

First Post
It seems weird to me for an adventure to be released in hardback form. I think with an adventure book you want to be able to lay it flat on the table, which you can't do as easily with hardback books.

I've never bought a hardback adventure, it's just the impression I get...

Mercurius

Legend
I'm sick of cultists.

Other than that, I look forward to checking it out and will probably buy it but it isn't an insta-purchase, though.

Prism

Explorer
I'm sick of cultists.

Other than that, I look forward to checking it out and will probably buy it but it isn't an insta-purchase, though.

Yeah. I hope they give us something more exotic and less generic. How about an adventure in Mulhorand to see what happened with the Imaskari and Egyptian gods, or Rashemen with all the witches and beserkers.

Sir Brennen

Legend
So it's half a PHB for the price of a PHB and now your DM will never believe you didn't read the adventure?
The PHB part is free* for download, so there's not really any need for players to buy (and read) the adventure...

*of course, the 49.95 price might be considered to be subsidizing the free download

gyor

Legend
I doubt its a half a PHB, its one race and some elemental spells, which are most likely in it so the DM can use them for NPCs, the Player PDF will likely have all that and more.

I mean it goes through levels 1-15, and four very different prophets.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads