• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Princes of the Apocalypse is now Available inAmazon

I believe this all stems from Greyhawk and the original Temple of Elemental Evil.

It does not. Because it does not involve Iuz or Zuggtmoy who were major players with the Original. This is an unrelated Adventure that happens to share an Elemental Evil theme. This is straight up confirmed. The temple is not being moved.

Also they already hinted they are doing something for Greyhawk but everyone is so impatient. It's not going to happen right away give it some time.

mamol

Explorer
We haven't even played through LMoP yet (due to some home brew aeventuring) but anyways I'm pretty curious about a whole campaign (i never played a whole campaign out of the book, but want to try it this once). My players won't need additional spells and races they're pretty fine with the PHB stuff, I even will have to take out some PC so we can try some different classes.
Do you guys think the price will drop the next months (talking about German amazon) like it happened with the three core books?

We haven't even played through LMoP yet (due to some home brew aeventuring) but anyways I'm pretty curious about a whole campaign (i never played a whole campaign out of the book, but want to try it this once). My players won't need additional spells and races they're pretty fine with the PHB stuff, I even will have to take out some PC so we can try some different classes.
Do you guys think the price will drop the next months (talking about German amazon) like it happened with the three core books?

They already have a discount on it on Indigo. 37 dollars instead of 50 somthing.

GregoryOatmeal

First Post
I'm sick of cultists.

Other than that, I look forward to checking it out and will probably buy it but it isn't an insta-purchase, though.

Word.

Most of the time the cultist theme goes like "you see cultists. They're in a cult". If the DM didn't know better the cultists may self-identify as cultists (no one in an actual cult does this). D&D really fails at giving cults any flavor.

Unwise

Adventurer
Is it just me, or is the plot of this book just one step above "There is a wand split into 5 parts and hidden in 5 dungeons"? Four dungeons, each themed on an element, each ruled by a bad guy with a magic weapon that will end the world. It just seems very 1980s gonzo to me. I would be a little embarrassed to present that plot to my players.

The characters must gather the elemental weapons and become captain planet to stop the BBEG?

Also "corrupt prophets" makes me think of Enron and Ponzi, maybe that is just me though.

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Daddy

amazon usually discounts new hardcovers at 40%, its currently at 25%, so likely yes, it will drop as it gets closer to release date. If you preorder you still get the lower price no matter what.

Remove ads