• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Print Option for Subscription?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
amethal said:
Looks like postage to the UK is only $4.25 for Scouring of Gate Pass. Seems very reasonable.

However, what I'd like is to get the whole thing in one volume. (Or two volumes, if necessary.)

Anyone know if lulu can bind several pdfs together?

Or if not, whether EN Publishing has any plans to offer a "combined" version for print on demand?

At the end of the series we're doing an 800-page hardcover of the whole campaign saga.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Cheiromancer said:
If a subscriber orders a printed version, is it at cost? Or is at as if we had never subscribed in the first place. I believe Lulu's charges a very different amount for an at-cost product than if the publisher is receiving a profit from it.

Depends what markup the publisher chooses - or doesn't choose - to add, and how much of that markup the publisher then has to use to pay people for making the POD versions of the files. But I'm afraid I can't share the fine details with you, Cheiro - sorry.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Cheiromancer said:
That's OK! It sounds like the hardcover at the end is what I want, anyway.

It's a long way off, and will be VERY expensive - an 800 page full colour book. But I can guarantee it will be gorgeous!

The last adventure is slated for December, so the hardcover, with luck, will be early 2008.

Separately, of course, will be the novels, an Art Of.... book, and a separate line of products tenatively called "WotBS Odyssey" (working title only) which is part fiction, part gaming material, which deals with a group of adventurers travelling the world in episodic style, encountering the various organizations and locations touched on in the campaign saga - with game material to flesh them out and provide more information. That series is to be written by Jeremy Forbing.

Last edited:

Morrus said:
It's a long way off, and will be VERY expensive - an 800 page full colour book. But I can guarantee it will be gorgeous!

The last adventure is slated for December, so the hardcover, with luck, will be early 2008.

Separately, of course, will be the novels, an Art Of.... book, and a separate line of products tenatively called "WotBS Odyssey" (working title only) which is part fiction, part gaming material, which deals with a group of adventurers travelling the world in episodic style, encountering the various organizations and locations touched on in the campaign saga - with game material to flesh them out and provide more information. That series is to be written by Jeremy Forbing.
So when's the movie coming out :) ?

If you do manage to print that hardcover, then definitely put me down for a copy.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Cheiromancer said:
When you say "very expensive" do you mean more than $100 US?

Quite likely. An 800 page full colour hardcover will cost us abut that simply to produce.

I'm considering cheaper options, though (would people be interested in a softcover, black-and-white interior, 800 page book? That would be a LOT cheaper.)

Morrus said:
Quite likely. An 800 page full colour hardcover will cost us abut that simply to produce.

I'm considering cheaper options, though (would people be interested in a softcover, black-and-white interior, 800 page book? That would be a LOT cheaper.)
I'll buy either one, but I'd actually prefer the expensive option. After all, its going to be sitting on my shelf next to the Shackled City and I don't want it to look out of place.

takasi

First Post
I would very much like the full cover hardcopy. I'm actually running the adventure online through MapTool (should finish Scouring next week) and won't need the hardcover but I would love to have a final copy on my shelf as a keepsake.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads