• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Printer Errors in Some Monster Manuals

thalmin

Retired game store owner
We were notified by WotC today that some of the Monster Manuals have a printers error that caused smudging on pages 140 and 141. They seem to show up in batches, so it looks like there will be some shortages as some stores discover they have many books with the problem.

Xenu

First Post
I heard the same thing from the owner of my FLGS. He said he checked his stock and things were a-o-k. I know my book is fine.

I'm guessing this pic shows the issue.

agentc13

First Post
I picked mine up yesterday and it has that issue.
ybyzuhyh.jpg
6uvuvyna.jpg

So far all the other pages look great, but I haven't had time to look closely through the whole thing.

Winterthorn

Monster Manager
Hello, I picked my new book yesterday at my FLGS here in Ottawa, ON, and my book is fine. I spent all last night leafing through every page to admire the contents (fabulous book btw :D) so, upon reading of this problem today, I can confirm a 100% properly printed copy. :)

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Daddy
Thanks for posting this. I was worried when I got home from my FLGS that I would be one of the unlucky ones, but fortunately those pages are fine, and I perused the whole book and luckily mine is damn perfect.

This is good info to promulgate.

delericho

Legend
We were notified by WotC today that some of the Monster Manuals have a printers error that caused smudging on pages 140 and 141. They seem to show up in batches, so it looks like there will be some shortages as some stores discover they have many books with the problem.

Did they give any indication of whether the shipment that will be delivered for the 30th will be likewise affected? I know it's the same print run, so there will presumably still be batches with the problem, but will they be able to pre-check them before they go out, or will stores/customers have to check them when they get them?

Oh, and also: thanks for passing along the news. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads