Printing & Binding PDFs

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
If you print yourself, use a laser printer ALWAYS!

I recently printed a 256 and a 96 page book. $12.

Suggestions:

If you have a PDF editor, edit off the front and back pages.
Convert the file to black and white. Do not print color.
The extra money for double sided is worth it. Mine are one sided and it kind of sucks.

Hope this helps!

trancejeremy said:
I haven't tried this place, but it's been recommended to me. They'll print any PDF, bind it and ship it to you.

In this case, a 450 book will cost $17. (Dunno if it includes shipping)

http://printfu.org/
I found this to be so cool that I literally giggled when I loaded the page. That's weird, huh?

Looks like a great option for what you're looking for, though. I've definitely got to keep it in mind for future PDF purchases! Great find - thanks for sharing! :)

tensen

First Post
philreed said:
Definitely. Sorry, I should have stated that.

You can get a good color laser printer from hp for around $600.. although replacing the toner cartridges runs about $400 if you need to replace them all at one time (Eeep!!! :) )

darthkilmor

First Post
I didnt see it mentioned but, Most decent laser printers are sharp enough that you can print 4 pages per page of paper, and if it'll do double sided, thats even better. so a 80 page pdf is only 10 pages of paper. Everything I've printed has been perfectly readable too.

sjmiller

Explorer
darthkilmor said:
I didnt see it mentioned but, Most decent laser printers are sharp enough that you can print 4 pages per page of paper, and if it'll do double sided, thats even better. so a 80 page pdf is only 10 pages of paper. Everything I've printed has been perfectly readable too.
For people like myself that would not work. I am reading with bifocals already, I do not want to also have to use a magnifying glass! Much too small for me.

Nyaricus

First Post
thanks for all the great ideas guys! Keep 'em coming :D

Makes me want to print out the pdf's i haev now . . .ugh the cost though :p

ZombieButch

First Post
I've got a small stack of PDF's I've had printed out at PrintFu.org (I'm usually content with just the plain ol' PDF, but some of 'em are just so darn pretty I want a hardcopy!) and they're dandy. Cheap, quick turnaround and delivery, good quality all around.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
palehorse said:
I've got a small stack of PDF's I've had printed out at PrintFu.org (I'm usually content with just the plain ol' PDF, but some of 'em are just so darn pretty I want a hardcopy!) and they're dandy. Cheap, quick turnaround and delivery, good quality all around.

I will definitely be checking this out after Christmas :D

I did this for a while but stopped after I accumulated about 20 or so books. It cost me around $5 but I did all the printing at work :lol: . You definitely need a laser printer, preferably a commercial use one. I would get the cover done on coloured card stock with a clear cover and a back. I'd also get the coiled binding (not Cerlox!) and that proved very useful. It's a lot of work if you're doing the copying yourself.

Remove ads