• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

problems with pictures

Elton

First Post
Help! Starting a couple of weeks ago, my computer (win XP pro) apparently forgot a lot about JPEGS. I use outlook express (yea, I know), and when I right click on a picture (JPEG)in an email to save it, it only gives you the option to save it as a BMP, and defaults to untitled even if it has a title. In my yahoo mail account, when I click on a thumbnail pic and tell it to view it, it flashes like it tries but nothing happens. It is like it closes as soon as it opens. If I tell it to save it instead, that works fine. jpegs open fine from the computer HD. file extention is registered to windows pic and fax viewer.

KenM

Banned
Banned
I had a problem saving pics as jpegs. What you can do is right click on the pic and click "save target as" that will give you the option to save it as a jpeg.

Elton

First Post
No, I appologise for not being very clear. I click on a jpeg in an email and select "save as" and it ONLY gives me the option to save it as a BMP.

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
That's a very common Windows issue. I know I've read ways to solve it, but I cannot recall where to point you to them. The best solution (when it is possible) is not to do "Save picture as" but instead "save target as", as KenM says. That's not always something you can do.

Elton

First Post
Cool. you gave me enough info to find the solution. did a search and found it. clearing the temp internet files fixed it. so how much sense does that make. @^%*^(&^ windows.

KenM

Banned
Banned
I had to clean up my temp internet files as well, but then the problem came back. So I just right click and then click "save target as" and the JPEG option comes up for pics.

Remove ads