• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

projectile weapons and thrown weapons

Diomeneus

First Post
is, for all feat purposes, a thrown weapon considered a projectile weapon? That is to say do thrown weapons enjoy the benefits of feats such as farshot etc?

if so, I'm making a goliath rockhurlering cragtop archer! Chucking boulders from hundreds of feet away! That would be DAMNED cool!

shilsen

Adventurer
No. Projectile weapons and thrown weapons are quite different.

And Far Shot already works with both, as the feat explicitly notes.

UltimaGabe

First Post
If I'm not mistaken, isn't Far Shot BETTER for thrown weapons than it is for projectile weapons? (A matter of double range increment, as opposed to 1.5x range increment?)

phindar

First Post
Stone Giants with Far Shot would have a range increment of 360' for their Rock Throwing. That's not bad. It puts their max range at a little shy of a third of a mile.

Darklone

frankthedm said:
Increments for a stone giant with far shot: 360 ft. / 720 ft. / 1080 ft. / 1440 ft. / 1800 ft.
"Which giant should I fireball?" asked the wizard before he was buried under a flying rock.

Do you guys know Asterix?

Remove ads