Proposal: 2 New Feats WITHDRAWN

VioletSamurai

First Post
I submitted a character with two feats from the Masterminds Manual, and was told I'd have to submit a proposal separately for them. So here they are:

1) "Benefit: Use Intelligence for Gather Information." It's exactly what it sounds like - replace Charisma with Intelligence as the base ability for the Gather Information skill. It's meant to represent a hacker character with hacker friends, who digs up her dirt in a different manner from someone cruising bars and roughing up thugs.

2) "Speed of Thought." This allows the character to use her Intelligence modifier instead of her Dexterity modifier as the base for her Initiative. Unlike the previous feat, this one was actually named and constructed by Kenson in the MaMa (it's on page 47).

These feat is in the same category as other feats that allow you to use a different modifier than the standard for a given task - existing examples in the core rules include Acrobatic Bluff, Grappling Finesse, Startle, and Taunt.

So...yea or nay?

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Benefit: Use Intelligence for Gather Information
I'm not sure about that one. Doing a gather information over the net, I would allow it to be done without a feta, but with the computer skill. If you need to find an hacker to do teh job, it would become a simple Gather Information with Charisma, as you need to intreact with the hackers that will do teh job for you.
Also, Benefits feat list are something that is related to teh status of teh character, so maybe you should rename it if it is voted, because it would be a bit confusing.

Speed of Thought
Most systems use initiative a mix of agility and wits, which I think make a lot of sense. Intelligence seems the nearest to a Wits attributes. I don't see any problem.

Bront

The man with the probe
Gathering information using other, non-social means means you use those skills instead. Computer use could be used instead, and that's INT.

I'm not sold on Speed of thought, and for the most part, you can simply by improved init to simulate it.

Remove ads