[Proposal]Bazaar of the Bizarre (Dr 369)

renau1g

First Post
Yeah, for the 2 damage they cause the avenger he can gain about 4 damage per hit, like I said there are some combos that are potentially damaging... however I'm still leaning towards yes, just not 100% on these two items. I've not seeing them as game breaking by any stretch, but just want to flesh it out.

Thanks for the candid and open discussion elec

elecgraystone

First Post
Thanks for the candid and open discussion elec
No problem renau1g. I like a good debate. :)

Yeah, for the 2 damage they cause the avenger he can gain about 4 damage per hit, like I said there are some combos that are potentially damaging... however I'm still leaning towards yes, just not 100% on these two items. I've not seeing them as game breaking by any stretch, but just want to flesh it out.
We can always hold off on those two and vote on the others first. We can debate those two to our hearts content but if no one has an issue with the others we could get those out of the way.

ukingsken

First Post
I think the boots are good to go (they're good but not broken good). And everything else seems fine, although I'm still on the fence about the gloves. But I think I'd like to tentatively say yeas to the proposal so long as we enforce a reload action for the gloves maybe?

Also about the boots, think about it using a deva avenger. It can get a lot meaner then, although the avenger is going to pay for it. But thats what Avengers are all about! *Stab me! Stab me! I'll take it out on him!!*

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Yes to everything but the gloves and the boots, which maybe need more discussion.

Aesthetically, I really like the reload on the gloves. It's like the character is ripping flagstones out of the ground and chucking them at people. It has a visceral appeal. I think mechanically a minimum weight might be better though.

elecgraystone

First Post
Aesthetically, I really like the reload on the gloves.
For me, both fit aesthetically. Tossing a marble doesn't feel like giant boulder throwing. Having to put some effort into the throw does. And picking up a 20 lb rock and throwing it 12 squares? That's boulder throwing!

That's a tough one. I like both but I think it only need one nerf/clarification. I'm inclined to stick with the minimum weight. That way it'll make the attacks you make stand out and seem special since you'll only be able to do it a few times an encounter.

This also gives a chance for Gm's to put some tactical situations on the board. You can put some areas of difficult terrain [loose rubble] on the map that the character could use for ammo, but it's in a place with no cover. Do you head for more ammo and get shot at or play it safe and fight behind cover?

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Heh, it could be that we're all discussed out on these, so I'm going to put in my final votes, although I'll pull them back if someone raises a good counter-point.

Yes to the boots.

Yes to the gloves, with the addendum that objects thrown must weight 25% of the max weight. I like the minor reload, but it still means you can chuck coins at people, and if the reload takes a superior action then I think that hits the gloves too hard.

elecgraystone

First Post
Well, I have to ask this here too it seems. How are we going to deal with proposals that pass during a server shutdown? I think that everything but the gloves and boots passed 48 hours after this post or 20th July 2009 01:47 PM.
Also Yes to everything but the gloves and the boots. Need to think about them.

Any thoughts?

Remove ads