(Proposal) Deities: Créan and Z'iu

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Rae ArdGaoth said:
I don't know... perhaps the whole elements thing should be dropped or completely revamped. It sounds a bit weak, I admit. I'll think about what to do about that.
Well, I like the elements concept as a part of gods, but it always reminds me of the Japanese culture. They had Earth, Fire, Wind, Water, and Spirit. Which is partly what led me to thinking of Chaos as an energy, since it seems the most analogous to Spirit. Besides, Law, Chaos, Good, and Evil are energies in the D&D world too. When you detect alignments, you see alignment energy.

That being said, it might be easier to drop the element thing, but that's up to you. You could revamp it and try to make it work, but it'll be a work in progress for a while, probably. Keep posting proposals and it'll get shot down until it works, mostly likely. :heh: I don't know how to tell when either of these two gods pass/fail the proposal, but I'd like to use Crean as my diety.
I'll assume you're talking about the domains? Because I plum forgot to add Chaos and Evil. Gracias!
Well, yes. Also, Chaos seems similar Entropy, which is the force of destruction. When things are Ordered in the universe (like Law), they naturally want to become unordered(like Chaos). Like decomposition. Maybe I'm thinking too much like a Physics major, though.

Hello! ;) Submit your character and e-mail Nimisgod for approval. Then come on into the tavern, the unspoken law is that you can play your unapproved character in the tavern, just not an adventure. Always glad to have a new member!
I've actually been tweaking my character for about two weeks. Like, I keep going back and forth between having a mule and not because I need the space but I don't want to lug a mule around everywhere.

Also, the link for the standard character sheet is down, but I'll probably just do what everyone else is doing for the format.

orsal

LEW Judge
Jdvn1 said:
Also, the link for the standard character sheet is down, but I'll probably just do what everyone else is doing for the format.

ENworld is full of defective links -- when the server was upgraded, the format for URLs was changed, so a lot of links need to be updated. All you have to do is delete the subdirectory /forums/ from all the URLs and they should work.

Jdvn1

[sblock]
orsal said:
ENworld is full of defective links -- when the server was upgraded, the format for URLs was changed, so a lot of links need to be updated. All you have to do is delete the subdirectory /forums/ from all the URLs and they should work.
Yeah, I figured that, but the page references are off now too because the pages show 40 posts per page instead of 20. Aside from that, the thread it points to mentions a few different formats and I think the thread doesn't ever say, "This is the format we'll all use." It's kind of vague.[/sblock]

Last edited:

El Jefe

First Post
I got to thinking about it, and it strikes me that as presented here, you could make a case for Crean and Z'iu being overgods. They are beyond/before/created all the other gods, they have few (if any) worshippers, implying that they have little need of worshippers, and in general seem to be "beyond" the petty affairs of Enworld, save to continue the creation of new parts of Enworld or in destroying the entirety of the same.

Although they are both listed as "Greater Dieties", I wouldn't have a problem with them being granted Overdiety status. Typically, a cosmos will have only one overdiety, who rarely appears in the active storyline in any way save as an indirect reference. I think it would be interesting to have a cosmos with two Overdieties, in conflict with each other.

Jdvn1 said:
Yeah, I figured that, but the page references are off now too because the pages show 40 posts per page instead of 20. Aside from that, the thread it points to mentions a few different formats and I think the thread doesn't ever say, "This is the format we'll all use." It's kind of vague.
The link to the form should be working now.
Knight Otu

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Yes! That's the idea I was going for. I wasn't aware that there was even an "Overdeity" category. And since we have no Greater Enwordian Deities, I thought... well, you see. So yes, that's what I'm thinking too. I think I'll revamp the descriptions tonight and get a v2 out.

For Jdvn1
[SBLOCK]In case you haven't found it yet, the official form is right here:

http://www.enworld.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=10768[/SBLOCK]

El Jefe

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
Yes! That's the idea I was going for. I wasn't aware that there was even an "Overdeity" category. And since we have no Greater Enwordian Deities, I thought... well, you see. So yes, that's what I'm thinking too.

Check out what the SRD says about "Divine Ranks and Powers", especially for dieties of rank 21+. I'm thinking that it might be a benefit to not have worshippers, or at least not worshippers who can tap the big guys for loads of spells. Saves you from worrying overmuch just what portfolios the big guys have.

As for "beyond mortal ken, save for a few sages", this is Enworld, and we can always bend the rules a bit. I'm thinking that anyone fanatical enough to worship Z'iu wouldn't really care that Z'iu doesn't care to have mortal worshippers.

Jdvn1

Blast, that means I need to find another Neutral Nature diety to worship. :p And I don't think anyone every writes out Overdieties in the same format as the rest of the dieties. Like, in FR Ao is mentioned but he's not listed in the pantheon's diety descriptions. I do like the idea of the Creator Overdiety versus the Destroyer Overdiety.

And thanks for the links, guys! I had found that form before but it there weren't any moderators or judges that said, "Yeah, we'll use that" so I wasn't sure.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Okay, v2.0 is released. I threw jdvn1's entropy in there. =) And I reconsidered the role of the elements. I like this new way better. Comments? Approval? Disapproval? Off-topic conversation? ;)

Jdvn1

I like them! ... But I liked them before, so.

Two things:
Worshippers: Few, if any.
But in the text you say they have no worshippers. Does the text just go a little extreme or should the Worshippers line still say 'Few, if any'?

Second, the pronounciation seems to me that it might be CRAY-en or something. Not a big deal, just wanted to mention.

Oh, actually, three. Stylistically, the list of portfolios seems long. Maybe you could condense water, wind, earth, and fire into 'nature'?

Remove ads