Proposal: Divine Power

garyh

First Post
That's why I say, "No Nerfs!" If it is an issue, post a message or send an e-mail to WOTC. It gives them the opportunity to address the problem with their product.

Anyway, WOTC has been consistent and prompt in fixing errors in their content. I think we should trust them to solve the problem, rather than creating our own solution based on a perception of a potential problem instead of experience with an actual problem. In other words, when I see posts discussing Nerfs, the general tenor of the argument is 'if someone wanted to abuse 'x', then someone could do thus-and-such'. However, if you look at our community, how many people here want to abuse the game and dampen other people's enjoyment? I think we can trust our players to behave in a conscientious manner, our DM's to act in a judicious manner, our judges to provide appropriate oversight, and WOTC to fix a problem in a timely manner. It's not that big a deal, because our community won't let it become that big a deal, so we don't need to address it by creating more rules or exceptions to cover it.

I find your views intriguing, and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

ryryguy

First Post
Ken, I agree with your POV in general. Also, in this case I do think WotC will fix it. But if they don't, I think might as well do it rather than wait for them. It's extremely clear and easy to fix in this case, doesn't require a lot of complicated extra rules, it's literally just "it lasts until the end of your next turn". The end.

And it's not really that I'm worried that players will "abuse" it, more that they would choose it and then be unhappy when WotC does nerf it, as they inevitably will...

CaBaNa

First Post
It is easy to fix. That is why, if it is meant to be fixed, it will be.

inevitably.

Giving players a chance to use our fabulous retraining , and overhaul rules.

Players stay happy, no pre-nerf required. :)

ryryguy

First Post
I forget, do you get a free retraining for something that is subject to errata? I'd just hate to see someone have to waste their regular retraining on something like this.

KenHood

First Post
Even if we don't, all a player has to do is post a proposal. Since there's no reason to argue it, the Judges pass those in no-time.

EvolutionKB

First Post
I have two comments. The first is in response to Apoli's domains. I think skill better represents his love of the arts, not arcana. Skill comprises many things: mastery of one's mind, mastery of a certain skill(painting, singing etc), physical perfection(by exercise). I just think it fits better than arcana.

Second is the avenger MC feat discussion. I think is it more powerful than the PHBII MC feat. It does have higher prereqs though, which is quite a sacrifice for those that aren't rangers(or even fighters). As it stands now, Rurdev(my two weapon ranger)wouldn't take the feat, even if it's "better". I see more options presented from the fighter MC feat from MP, including pit fighter.

Sure it gives you a sweet power every encounter, and helps the party as a whole by eliminating a significant threat more easily. It also gives your choice of a skill(let's face it, if you are a ranger and take this feat, you probably have perception anyway). But....let's not forget the fact that you can't take another MC feat(thus limiting your PP options). If you are a ranger, you won't take an avenger PP, and you won't take power swap feats, because they are not as good as options as the ones you already have. I don't think the character would outshine an avenger in the party, because you can't recharge it(I think you can oath another target if you kill your oath in the first round).

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
I have two comments. The first is in response to Apoli's domains. I think skill better represents his love of the arts, not arcana. Skill comprises many things: mastery of one's mind, mastery of a certain skill(painting, singing etc), physical perfection(by exercise). I just think it fits better than arcana.

*Smirks* You're just saying that because you want the awesome Skill domain benefits.

Seriously though, I went with Arcana because Skill is so broad. Lots of deities can make a weak claim to Skill, but only in their chosen field (arts, metal working, hunting, etc.). Athena is only one who's really capable of taking Skill as the whole collection of knowledge and practices. Of course, that's just my opinion. All of that is. Those were never intended to be the "official" domains for each deity, just suggestions.

Atanatotatos

First Post
Well... the case of Apollo, actually, I feel is very close. Artists, poets, musicians, oracles, archers, shepherds, healers, avengers... all can revere a god that is inspired to him. So... skill isn't a bad match, IMO.

renau1g

First Post
You can always take the MC feat until you reach level 9-10 and then re-train it out to fighter MC feat, qualify for pit fighter, and then start to retrain out some powers as well.

Remove ads