Proposal: Dragon 372

covaithe

Explorer
Or they could always take close attacks [Thunderwave,
Burning Spray] to be effective in melee range. Or take a power like
Storm Walk that allows you to shift THEN use ranged. Right out of the box the 'ranged' casters aren't inefective in melee range. Reaper's touch would just make them more effective.
:p

This is a bit disingenuous. I'm sure you know that there are other tactical considerations restricting close attacks, such as not hitting your allies.

renau1g

First Post
Any word on the voting on this? I'm considering Reaper's Touch for Murphy. It would have some nice synergies with the Armour of Agathys powers.

renau1g

First Post
*bump*

Proposals are:

Playing Shadar-kai, which contains Shadar-kai racial feats, racial paragon paths, and spiked chain mastery feats. A couple issues that should be looked at are whether Reaper's Touch can be taken by non-Shadar-kai, and to how the ban on double weapons should interact with the spiked chain training feat (which allows you to use the spiked chain as a light blade and a double weapon).

Secrets of the Entombed City, which contains a number of necromantic flavored powers for several classes.

Deities and Demigods: Bane, which contains a channel divinity feat and a paragon path for Bane-worshipers. Naturally, we would need to reflavor these, possible to whatever our version of Ares is called.

Masters of the Planes, which contains several epic destinies. Yeah, a long way off, but might as well get the entire article down in one go.

covaithe

Explorer
Still reading through the rest of the articles beyond the Shadar-Kai one.

Here's something that raises my eyebrows: the lvl 16 shaman daily utility power Faces of the Fallen. "Until the end of the encounter, an enemy that starts its turn adjacent to your spirit companion is weakened until the start of its next turn." Talk about lockdown! That seems really powerful to me. What do you guys think?

Atanatotatos

First Post
No, it's Immortal curse(and bringer of dooms, of course), it's outrageous for a character that has optimized his crit chance a bit. An avenger can crit 1/3 of the times at that level.
Even for characters with just Weapon mastery, it's one of the most exploitable features in the game. In fact, the Punisher is considered on par with Demigod (which is another thing we'll have to get to sooner or later).

Atanatotatos

First Post
It's pretty easy to get to crit on a 18 (Daggermaster, Caiphon...), which for an Avenger rolling against his oath is like needing a 16.
Furthermore, there's a rogue power, Raise the stakes, that allows you to crit on a 17 for two rounds. It's a daily, so it's not much, but in the hands of a punisher of the gods, especially if an Avenger, possibly with a few multi-attack powers. it's absolutely devastating.
But there's no need to go that far, really. Anything that gives you an AP for every time you crit, basically, is definitely too much. I mean you only need to worship Tempus and the trick is there. Check all the outrageous things that you can stack on a crit. And max dmg, always, to the same target, to boot? C'mon.

Remove ads