Proposal: Include Spreadsheets as an alternative to Wiki Sheets

Dekana

Explorer
Since the test wikis seem to be working fine, it's a valid option even if the enworld wiki eventually gets taken down.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Unless there's been some new developments in the past couple months (which is entirely possible), the new ENWiki is not going to be compatible with our wiki code, as it uses a different codebase which has a different syntax with which to write pages.

If I'm wrong, someone please correct me. The last time I checked on what was happening to ENWiki was months ago; Morrus may have changed his mind about what to do with it, and I would be completely unaware. However, that was his plan the last time I checked.

That said, I too like wikis. I wouldn't mind moving to a new wiki, except for the concerns I noted earlier. Specifically, server reliability and long-term availability.

It should also be noted that even if, say, we move all the char sheets to google docs, if/when the old wiki shuts down we still lose all our setting information. That would be ... bad, to say the least. :erm: Though I suppose, since those pages don't use any templates that I'm aware of, we could just port those pages over to the new ENWiki and they'd be fine there.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Oligarchy? There's a reason we do proposals in the open and not just through out judge e-mail accounts. We want to hear from all sides of the community. Now no ruling on anything will please everyone, we do listen (at least I know I do).

It was meant as humor, but I guess it failed, no offense was meant by it I applogize.

As to the rest if it, I miss read the proposal, I'm quite happy with alternatives, I just don't want us to give up on looking for a wiki alternative if the enwiki dies.

renau1g

First Post
Stupid interwebs. Sorry Darwin. Well I moved the setting stuff to Wikia (about 4 posts up) and this might be a good alternative to the current situation.

Remove ads