(Proposal) Let's build the LEW Pantheon!

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
That's a pretty damn cool idea, Sparky. I'd be glad to throw in my two cents- I've already got a couple of ideas that I could elaborate on (a Stone sister, focused on community, lasting achievements, etc, and a Fire sister, focusing on righteous purifying- but feel free to nix either of those if'n they don't fit....). Even if no PC cleric ever takes them as a patron, I think having a mystically-numbered bunch of minor goddesses around is always cool. :D

Sparky

Those ideas sound great, TH. Knock yourself out. :) The only thing I can say that I did was to think about what sort of 'person' the Wind would be, what sorts of things she'd be interested in as I built her portfolio and persona. As far as there already being a Water goddess, I don't believe so. There's Delanor, but he's an Intermediate Deity... too good for the likes of us Lessers.

One sister goddess for each element springs to mind, but that makes them seem really important. I was thinking that would be like all the myriad nymphs of Greek mythology. There were TONS of them and they did really cool stuff, but weren't the big movers and shakers.

Brainstorm:

Rain and Crops
Snow/Sleet/Hail and Winter (but there could be a Rain goddess AND a Snow goddess)
Mist/Fog and Secrets
Rivers and Agriculture/Travel
Trees and Strength/Wisdom
Night and Lovers
Night and Animals
Wilderness and Hunters
Stone and Community (great idea TH)
Stone and Cities
Fire and Inspiration
Fire and War
Fire and Destruction

I'm gonna ruminate for a while.

Guilt Puppy

First Post
This is a bit off the beaten path, but I'd like to suggest adding in spirit animals/totems among these (primarily for druids and the like)... Not sure if you'd go for rules addendums regarding them, but it may fit into someone's character concept to have a list of domains associated with certain animals for animist clerics.

Jack Haggerty

First Post
Piratecat's Left Paw said:
Don't mind me...

I hit the reply button in the wrong thread.

Keep up the good work guys.

It's kind of weird getting a compliment from somethign that's vaguely reminiscent of a good-luck charm.

Hey GnomeWorks!

I've got an idea for a True Neutral/Chaotic Neutral Demigod who is the bastard son of Grendath and Taka... He'd be the Owner of the Unclaimed, Host of the Homeless, the Creator of His Own Fortunes. Essentially a demigod of gypsies, itinerants and the occasional rogue or thief... He'd wouldn't be nearly as evil as Taka, and not nearly as chaotic as Grendath. He'd probably be more about independence and the ability to make your own way.

Since you are fleshing out Taka, I wanted to run that by you, before creating proper. It seemedd the sort of thing Taka might do... Trick Grendath into giving her a son, only to have the son skip out on her. It'd certainly give Grendath a good laugh.

Macbeth

First Post
Sorry it took me so long to get around to posting here, but let me give my resounding YES to Chennet, Phyrah, and Taka. I geuss I really should mention these in each deities' thread, but I just thought I would post it here. Also, I really like Shural and Kazikazi, but they do make some rather sweeping changes to goblins, so let me take some time to think this over. My first instinct is to approve them, but I need to let me thoughts simmer for a while...

garyh

First Post
Guilt Puppy said:
This is a bit off the beaten path, but I'd like to suggest adding in spirit animals/totems among these (primarily for druids and the like)... Not sure if you'd go for rules addendums regarding them, but it may fit into someone's character concept to have a list of domains associated with certain animals for animist clerics.

I like the idea of animist faiths. I think that'd be great. Let's see what you come up with in a proposal thread.

BTW - I dig the WarCraft Orc shamanistic culture. :)

Remove ads