Proposal: Manual of the Planes

Ozymandias79

First Post
I think Bane of default campaign(Greyhawk) best resembles Aressus(or Maros) out of the L4W pantheon, remember they have 2 gods named Banem one of FR and one of Greyhawk, and the greyhawk Bane resembles Mars/Ares in more ways than one. So my idea is having Bladelings come from imperium, as the humans that were the servants and warriors of the demon worshiping eladrins, who were transfromed into the drow, but the human serfs was given to Aressus/Maros (and his clergy), and he changed them as he saw fit (or the clergy used them for tituals and they was changed by that as side-effect and the priests saw that as their god's will and attributed the change to him)

Ozzy

CaBaNa

First Post
I think Bane of default campaign(Greyhawk) best resembles Aressus(or Maros) out of the L4W pantheon, remember they have 2 gods named Banem one of FR and one of Greyhawk, and the greyhawk Bane resembles Mars/Ares in more ways than one. So my idea is having Bladelings come from imperium, as the humans that were the servants and warriors of the demon worshiping eladrins, who were transfromed into the drow, but the human serfs was given to Aressus/Maros (and his clergy), and he changed them as he saw fit (or the clergy used them for tituals and they was changed by that as side-effect and the priests saw that as their god's will and attributed the change to him)

Ozzy

Both are fine, multiple origin stories will enrich character creation.

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
On the possible origins for bladelings et al: I'm with Cabana - both are fine, and multiple possibilities are good. Valhyr sounds pretty cool. And Don seems to have a crush on refugees coming to Daunton :p

With that said (not that it matters much):

I also vote YES on the Manual of Planes.
No one has mentioned anything broken, and I haven't really heard of anything broken, so why the heck not? We all know Phoenix just wants a sliver sword for Kama'zer, anyway ;)

covaithe

Explorer
Thanks guys taking care of this. I don't have MotP (and with WotC's PDF policy, I likely never will), so I can't really weigh in on this.

covaithe

Explorer
Please don't go there; ENWorld's rules about advocating piracy, even as a joke, are pretty clear, and pretty aggressively enforced. Let's not get the mods mad at us, eh?

Remove ads