Proposal: Minotaur - MM, (Dragon,) PH3 - which one(s) allow for L4W

renau1g

First Post
No, we have two official minotaurs. 1 from Dragon/PHB3, 1 from MM. Both are core D&D products. The brutal houserule is in play to avoid brutal executioner axes (I think they're the worst offender) which are unbalanced.

regardless the decision is already made. No need for everyone to keep trying to get the last word in. In one month if you have an issue with the way the vote went, please feel free to make a new proposal as per the charter.

Until then can we please all drop it as there's nothing to be gained by going back and forth

elecgraystone

First Post
Mezegis said:
In one breath you rant about people only using the core books to build characters, and in another say that a warning in the same core books aren't valid because it isn't everywhere else...
Just pointing out that WOTC doesn't say a thing about MM races being any kind of issue in their online products. They treat them 100% the same way as other book races. If there is a warning in the MM it should be in everything that has that race. The same thing applies to the base MM races matching the other products, minotaurs included. It's the same issue from another point of view.

#1 a player having core + errata and not knowing there is a change in the MM races and

#2 a player having the players hand book + CB and not knowing there is a warning on the MM races.

Both are WOTC not being consistent. I think it shouldn't matter how the player makes up a character, it should match up. It also shows that WOTC weren't too serious about that warning.

renau1g, there are still people on both sides of this issue and it seems that'd be in everyone's best interest to hash it out since this can come up for another vote in less than a month and even if it doesn't it may come up again with other races like the bugbear.

However if everyone has gotten to the 'agree to disagree' stage, there isn't any reason to beat a dead horse. If we are then I'll agree to drop it.

evilbob

Explorer
I think folks have reached the "agree to disagree" stage. You either believe that there is 1 official version of the minotaur or you do not: I don't see anyone budging on this (and frankly, this has been pretty well hashed out in other threads long ago in other areas of this site and other sites). Regardless, this forum has two versions, and you're free to pick whichever one you want.

I also doubt that anyone feels strongly enough that it will be brought up again in a month. Maybe once all "longarmed" minotaurs are retired/gone, someone will notice and throw something out there, but otherwise I doubt a house rule that gives more options is going to irk anyone too badly.

Remove ads