[Proposal] Staff Fighting (Dr 368) & The Great Staff Debate

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
I vote YES on the following:

Allow Staff Fighting from Dr 368
Treat staffs as one-handed implements
Treat a staff as always one implement (so Dual Implement + Staff Fighting doesn't work)

I see a staff as being fine to be held and pointed with one hand. (If Gandalf can do it everyone should be able to, especially a half-orc ;))

As renau1g goes, so goes my nation.

Er, I mean, yes to all of that.

ukingsken

First Post
Well after reading the discussion I kind of see the "1 implement" side of things. It's not like a staffs single end is channeling the magic, it's the staff as a whole. The entire staff is channeling magic, thus even with two enchanted ends it would still only be one implement. To turn it into two implements would be like saying two wands taped together is now two staffs.

So I'm going to vote YES for:

Allow Staff Fighting from Dr 368
Treat staffs as one-handed implements
Treat a staff as always one implement (so Dual Implement + Staff Fighting doesn't work)

ukingsken

First Post
you know what while we're at it lets just take a staff, tape two orbs to it (one on either end), strap a couple wands along the middle of it, and have a sword sticking out perpendicular, thrust through a shield!

We could call it... The Worblaff SwordShield??? Staffy Mc Wanded Orbison ShieldSword?? I dunno maybe just call it FML.

Remove ads