Proposed Power: Gadgets (from UP)

Hand of Vecna

First Post
Effect is Variable
Duration is Continuous (though the powers of the individual Devices created with it can/will have different durations)

And it is a bit different from Shapeshift, in that Shapeshift lets you redistribute power points spent on your own physical traits (lowering your Strength to apply those points elsewhere, for example), whereas Gadgets does not.

Velmont

First Post
Correction done. I'll put my vate later today, i just need to look at the other comparable effect to see how balance it is compare to teh others (like Adaptation, Nemesis and Shapeshift)

Salix

First Post
YES As written below. I was a little skeptical on standard action, but don't think it would be a huge issue.

Velmont said:
I see no problem with that power, but before putting my vote, I would like a clear and simple description of the power. Here one, if there is something different, tell me.

Gadget
Effect: Variable
Action: Standard Action
Duration: Continuous
Save: None
Cost: See power description
Mechanic: Act as Shapeshift, with a device flaw and with one extra limitation: the character cannot redistribute his physical attributes. This power can cost 7 PP per rank or 6 PP per rank, depending on the difficulty of losing the device.

Gadget [7PP/rank]
This can represent one hard to lose device (A multi-function power armor), or an array of easy to lose item, but that must be disarm one by one, with their holder that is hard to lose (Utlilty Belt).

Gadget [6PP/rank]
This can represent one easy to lose multi-function item (A lamp containing a wish granting Djinn).

Velmont

First Post
Compare to Shapeshift:

It is continuous instead of sustained (+1 extra)
It takes a standard action instead of a move action (-1 flaw)
Device flaw (-1 or -2 to cost)

IN teh end, it is exactly teh same, with extras and flaws applied to it.

So it is a YES

And sorry for the time taken to approve it.

rgordona

Explorer
YES

Flawed Shapeshift - I would be doubtful about people taking huge ranks in this but I am doubtful about people taking huge ranks in shapesift so no problem with this power.

Remove ads