Protector Aasimar Fey Pack Tomelock Spellsniper Acolyte

gyor

Legend
Okay I'm thinking of building a Aasimar Fey Pact Tomelock Spellsniper

I'm using the Protector Aasimar, not DMG Aasimar

Level 1 Cantrips (Eldrich Blast, Light [Aasimar], Minor Illusions), Spells (Hex and Sleep), Fey Presence, Healing Hands (heals 1 hps x level once per day) , Darkvision, Celestial Resistance (Necrotic and Radiant Resistance), Languages (Common, Mulhorandi, Elvish, Celestial.)

Level 2 Invocations (Agonizing Blast, Repelling Blast), 2nd spell slot, Spell Known (Unseen Servant).

Level 3. Tranformation ( for 1 minute gaining wings and dealing level radiant damage 1 per turn to 1 target and get wings that allow you to fly 30'), spells are 2nd level, spells know Phantasmal Force, Pact Boon: Tome (Cantrips Shillileh, Guidance, Spare the Dying).

Level 4: Feat: Spellsniper, New Cantrips (Firebolt from spellsniper and Mage Hand), Spell Known Suggestion.

Level 5. New invocation Book of Ancient Secrets (Rituals Find Familiar, Tensors Floating Disk, plus I already know the Unseen Servant Spell), Familiar Celestial Cat, new spell known (Blink), spell slots now level 3.

So by level 5 the Character can hurl Eldrich Blasts that each deal 1D10 +3 damage and pushes the target back by 10' (if I choose), ignores up to three quarters cover, and 300' range, can beat up enemies in melee with Shilleliegh, start fires or damage enemies with fire damage benifits from spellsniper, grab stuff with mage hand, buff skill checks with guidance, save people with Spare the Dying and Healing Hands, cast find familiar, Unseen Servant, and Tensors Floating disk rituals, resist Necrotic and Radiant damage, darkvision, casts spells, and Fey Presence and best of all Transforms to deal radiant damage x level and flight, which makes his eldtich blasts 1D10 +3 damage +5 radiant damage to one target.

gyor

Legend
Name is Kholr "Tressym" Zirbast, fluff is Priest of Sharess/Zandilar/Bast from Mulhorand (via Sune, he's on a Priest exchange program with the Waterdeep Temple of Sune so it says Sune on the Character sheet).

His Fey Pact is with Sharess' Zandilar aspect, Sharess is also his Angellic Guide.

He requested being part of the exchange between the Mulhorand Church of Sharess and the Church of Sune in Waterdeep, because of bad memories during the Mulhorand-High Imaskari war.

He's more public then other Aasimar about his Aasimarhood, uses the trust it engenders to his advantage.

Skills Deception, Insight, Religion, Arcana.

mellored

Legend
If you're taking shillelagh, you probably want booming blade and/or green flame blade as well. Otherwise you won't do much damage in melee.

gyor

Legend
If you're taking shillelagh, you probably want booming blade and/or green flame blade as well. Otherwise you won't do much damage in melee.

Unfortunately can't take it, VGTM is already the +1, that cantrip is really only a back up anyways, mostly just blasting with Eldrich Blast, Spells, and Firebolt.

gyor

Legend
Actually I might change from Feylock to Lore Bard. Same stats mostly.

For Secret magic at level 6 Pick Find Familiar and Conjure Animal, at level 10 I pick Conjure Woodland Beings and Hallow, at 14 I pick Conjure Celestial and Divine Word, and at 18 I pick True Resurrection and Wish.

9th True Polymorph, True Resurrection, and Wish
8th level Dominate Monster, Power Word Stun
7th Mordiendien's Masion, Conjure Celestial, Divine Word.
6th Eyebite, Mass Suggestion
5th Dominate Person, Hollow, Planar Binding, Mass Cure Wounds
4th Conjure Woodland Beings, Confusion (retrain sleep to confusion at level 8).
3rd Major Image, Conjure Animals
2nd Phantasmal Force, Lesser Restoration
1st Cure Wounds, Find Familiar, Unseen Servant, Thunderwave, (from feat bless).
Cantrips Light (Aasimar), Minor Illusion, Vicious Mockery, Mending, Mage Hand, (from feat Guidance, Spare the dying)

Skills Religion, Insight, Persausion, Performance, History (at level 3), Bluff, Arcana, Acrobatics

Expertise Religion, Persausion, (at level 10) Performance, Arcobatics

Feats +2 Charisma, +2 Charisma, Warcaster, Magic Iniate: Cleric (Bless, Spare the Dying, Guidance), Inspiring Leader.

Fluff and stats is largely the same.

gyor

Legend
Sounds like he means Volo's is his +1 as in "PHB +1" for source material, meaning he can't choose anything from SCAG.

Exactly.

Anyways I decided to switch from Feylock, to Bard because Bards are very customizable, so I could really build the kind of character I want to play, a Priest of Sharess/Sune, which can act as an updated version of the Celebrant of Sharess and Sharessian Specialty Priest classes, except far more functional, focused on Enchantment, Illusion, Conjuration, and Support.

lcjunkie

First Post
I think Healing word is a much better choice as lvl 1 spell then Cure wounds. It has range and it is bonus action so you can still make an attack or use a cantrip and if you think the difference in healing amount is consequential, it's not. You will use it more to keep people alive then for actually for healing them most of the time. Also You are not a weapon user, but you will only have vicious mockery as your attack? Maybe Spell Sniper might be better choice then Warcaster, but you will discover what you want for yourself by lvl 12.

gyor

Legend
Good advise, thanks, I think your advise on healing word and spellsniper (Eldrich Blast) is sound and I will take it now all I have to do is find a Adventurer's League game.

Last edited:

Remove ads