D&D 4E [PS4e] KM's Planescape 4e Development Thread

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Oh, Hai thread! :)

Er, feedback:

I changed the Athar ability due to concerns that...hey...bad guys don't use rituals anyway. I'd really like to work in their obscurement technique on some level, but the enemies you face don't have need of divination, and I can't think of a similar mechanic to give a bonus to that would enable them to stay hidden from magic. So right now it's sitting as Stealth as a possible skill...not entirely happy with that, but I do like the benefit I gave 'em instead. It hits that sweet spot of kind of minor, but interesting for the possibilities it creates.

For the Godseekers, I would like to find a way to link reincarnation to their benefit, but saying, "You can reincarnate as a new creature!" is a bit much for a background benefit (though it is absolutely in Epic Destiny territory). The "no penalties on a res" feature I think helps mirror their belief that that which kills you makes you stronger. ;)

Bleakers/FreeLeague/Signers/Sensates: I'm a little nervous about a bump to an unnamed bonus to a saving throw. For now, I'm keeping them at +1, since they should be compatible with a skill training/bonus choice, which isn't that potent.

The Fated: Yeah, as kind of hilarious as it would be to have some bards walking around better at untrained than trained skills, +1 still seems significant enough to me. :)

Anyway, I whipped up some Athar feats:
[sblock=The Athar]
Heroic Tier
Neither Sin Nor Virtue
You stand strong against gods both brilliant and baleful.
Prerequisites: Athar background, trained in Religion
Benefit: You gain Resist5 Radiant and Necrotic. This increases to Resist 7 Radiant and Necrotic at 11th level, and to Resist 10 Radiant and Necrotic at 21st level.

Merely Immortal
You know special combat techniques to use against immortals, used by the Primordials in ancient times.
Prerequisites: Athar background, trained in History
Benefit: You gain a +2 bonus to attack and damage rolls against creatures with the immortal origin. Those creatures take a -2 penalty to attack and damage rolls against you.
This increases to a +4 bonus and a -4 penalty at 11th level, and to a +6 bonus and a -6 penalty at 21st level.

Defiance
You can channel your own divinity.
Prerequisites: Athar background
Benefit: You gain the Channel Divinity power Defiant Recovery.
If you don’t already have the Channel Divinity class feature, you can use a Channel Divinity power once per day.
If you already have the Channel Divinity class feature, add the selected Channel Divinity power to your list of available Channel Divinity powers.
You are treated as having the Channel Divinity class feature and every divine class for the purpose of meeting prerequisites. If you gain additional Channel Divinity powers by selecting divinity feats, you can use them in place of the power granted by this feat, but that doesn’t change your normal limit on uses of Channel Divinity.

Defiant Recovery
Channel Divinity * Divine
Minor Action, Personal
Channel Divinity
Effect: You can spend a healing surge and make a saving throw.
[/sblock]

Remove ads