• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Psion class home brew

Brian Coon

First Post
This is a homebrew Psion Ive been working on for awhile. It is unfinished and I don't have time for it now, but I'm interested in hearing what people think.​

Attachments

• PowerListnew.pdf
    429.4 KB · Views: 239

Umbrathys

Explorer
I actually like where you are going with it.
One quick question: I do not see an Alter Self-like ability for the metabolist. Seems to be a good moderately low level ability for them.
I have tried a few playtest sessions (just two of us, so not a lot of group action unfortunately). I like the overall feel of each of the sub classes. I do think that they seem a tad underpowered at times. Again, however, this may be from lack of a group dynamic in our playtests.

physics_ninja

First Post
I just typed a longer more thoughtful reply, only to have it eaten.

I like this a lot. But it does have some problems.

I'll come back with those later.

It is still my favorite adaptation of Psionic to the 5e rules.

Brian Coon

First Post
Thanks guys. Yeah I hope it is noticed that I went and took the "feel" back to 2nd edition. Metacreativity was outta there, and metapsionics came back in a whole new way. I wanted the psion to feel like its a power within not shooting crystals from your hands. However it draws a lot of inspiration from 3.5 edition too.

Brian Coon

First Post
Alter self is generally covered by the animal affinity power. I could see it being available, but it should be called alter appearance and cover only the second part. Sounds weak I know, but psions must balance their strength and versatility. Its intentionally weaker at some powers so it doesn't eclipse the sorcerer. Sorcerers don't get as many spells known, so some spells are more powerful and versatile.

Remove ads