• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Psionic creatures with psionic classes

Death

First Post
I have to create a Quanak psychic warrior. This lizards are psionics and have ability to manifest Lesser metaphysical weapon, Combat precognition and Lesser body adjustment 3/day, caster level 12.
Can they use this abilities like normal psionics by paying power points for them after they run out of free manifestations (if they also have prerequisite statistics)or not. It would be kind of logical, but I didn't find anything in the rules about that. Do you perhaps know, how the rules deal with that kind of mechanics.

Zhure

First Post
I can't find a hard and fast rule, but it seems as if you'd consider their innate powers separately from the powers they get from levels.

I'll keep looking though, as I seem to remember reading that somewhere.

Greg

danant

First Post
In my opinion they get these 3 powers for free 3/day, and after using them they can start using them with their psionic class if they have them on their list of known powers.

They can't pay PP and use them more times.

I'm not 100% sure, but it does make sense...

d.

Andon_Scott

First Post
The psionic powers for the quanak race are special abilities.

They are not psionic powers known, just something they can do. So, if you do play a quanak psychic warrior, even when you are out of power points, you can still manifest those three powers three times a day each.

And the effective manifester level will be 12 no matter what level of psychic warrior you are.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads