• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Psionic Lions Charge Rules?

dragnmastr85

First Post
Where did I ever say anything about doing this in the surprise round? And no one has even mentioned the fact that I have spirited charge. You guys tangent quite a bit.

Scion

First Post
Personally, I figured once you found out how the attack spread works that would answer your question ;)

Spirited charge effects the charge attack, which gets the +2, does not get the extra damage from the power, and is not part of the full attack.

After that you get a full attack because of the power, it does not get the +2, it does get the extra damage from the power.

Although, thinking it over, I dont know if it works that way.. are you charging or are you just going along for the ride? So, could you even benefit from the power? After all, you are getting the benefit when you charge, not necissarily when your 'mount' charges..

Anyone know the answer to that? hmm..

Cabral

First Post
Depends on the mount. If the mount has the Share Spells ability, it might be able to use the power on the mount depending on the level of magic transparency.

So. As I see it, there are two ways this works:
1. It affects you, you charge unmounted and get a full attack in addition to the charge.
2. It affects the mount, your mount charges and gets a full attack in addition to the charge and you get an attack action. :D

UltimaGabe

First Post
dragnmastr85 said:
Where did I ever say anything about doing this in the surprise round? And no one has even mentioned the fact that I have spirited charge. You guys tangent quite a bit.

Yes, yes they have. They do that here.

Anyway, to re-state what's been added with my own anecdotes: It seems like, for all intents and purposes, only the first attack is a charge attack, and gains the +2 bonus and double damage from using Spirited Charge. (Whether or not you can use Spirited Charge with Lion's Charge is for other people to argue about, but I had a character once with a Valorous weapon- Unapproachable East, +1 bonus, makes your weapon deal double damage on a charge, as if mounted and using Spirited Charge- and that's how we ruled it when I was under the effect of a Lion's Charge spell.) It also seems- from a strict reading of the rules- that you get your charge attack AND a full attack, which, although was a completely foreign concept to me until it was presented here. Oh well. That's a different story, I suppose.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads