• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Psion's Drow (and other) Villainy thread

Psion

Adventurer
Waylander the Slayer said:
love the thread and has been very useful for "inspirations"..ok, ok downright plagarism for my current campaign. Keep it up!!!

Cool, thanks and I am glad it's been useful. That's sort of the point of the Rogues Gallery forum, isn't it.

Mini-story-hour update

Last session, they investigated more of the building and faced off against Himoust (guarded by his cadre of 10th level lizardfolk abberation fighters - I just used stock fighter stats and gave them energy and spell resistance and made them abberations for any applicable spell effects) and the Eternal Confessor (guarded by 12th level templars.)

Himoust managed to win initiative and get his "The Road Less Travelled spell off (the caster has two selves and can choose where to be from count to count).

Horrid wilting wasn't quite so effective this time, though it did thin out some lizardfolk.

Himoust was a hassle for the party, but once they noticed the effects of the spell, the Trent and Cora coordinated their attacks. Himoust had to choose which attacks to suffer through. He chose poorly. Cora may look less intimidating than a legendary bear, but her adamantine claws tore right through his stoneskin. Once that happened, it was all over.

The Eternal Confessor was the last one standing, and was a considerable problem for the party. The only one doing any damage was the psychic warrior, so she mazed him. After that, nobody could approach through the antilife shell she put up. The sorcerer almost cast a disintigrate before dispelling, but thought better of it. Too bad, she had a spell turning up. After the spell turning went down, the sorcerer disintigrated two turns in a row and was successful with the second one.

Not sure where I am going this week, but it may be adapting City of the Spider Queen part 3&4, adapted to my game. You may see some adaptations here to make the creatures able to stand up to (now) 21st level characters.

Psion

Adventurer
Yup, an update!

The players didn't take some hints I left in the Lizardfolk city. I had to plant extra hooks.

The last two weeks had them prowling through the big city and eventually undermountain and shadowport. A drow prisoner/refugee showed them a path to the underdark city, and faced a few underdark creatures on the way.

Next week's session is supposed to be extra long, and I am planning a huge bang-up adventure. I am using City of the Spider Queen as a baseline, but really spicing it up.

The central villainess in the game to date is Matron Xune, a drow priestess who is responsible for most previous run ins with dark elves. I replaced the central villain of CotSQ with her.

So, on to the details!

Psion

Adventurer
City of the Spider Queen

My party is many levels above the design level of CotSQ. I am using the last parts, but I still think adding 3-6 to EL of many encounters is appropriate. I didn't update all encounters, just a few I thought might give them a challenge:

Fire Giants:

Fire Giants are among the sackers looking the City in COTSQ.

Most fire giants in the city will use normal stats. These are elite fire giants guarding various areas, including the gates. All have the bonus quality “old stone bones” from Monsters Handbook.

FIRE GIANT Rock Hurler
Large Giant (Fire) Rock Hurler* 5
Hit Dice: 15d8+5d10+140 (223 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 30 ft. in half-plate armor (6 squares); base speed 40 ft.
Armor Class: 26 (-1 size, +2 Dex, +8 natural, +7 half-plate armor) touch 8, flat-footed 23
Base Attack/Grapple: +16/+32
Attack: Greatsword +27 melee (3d6+18) or slam +27 melee (1d4+12) or rock +27 ranged (2d6+12 plus 2d6 fire)
Full Attack: Greatsword +27/+22/+17 melee (3d6+18) or 2 slams +27 melee (1d4+10) or rock +27 ranged (2d6+10 plus 2d6 fire)
Face/Reach: 5 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: Rock throwing
Special Qualities: Immunity to fire, low-light vision, rock catching, vulnerability to cold
Saves: Fort +16, Ref +9, Will +10
Abilities: Str 35, Dex 14, Con 24, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 9
Skills: Climb +14, Craft (any one) +11, Intimidate +6, Jump +14, Spot +19
Feats: Cleave, Great Cleave, Improved Overrun, Improved Sunder, Iron Will, Power Attack, Rock Hurling**, Weapon Focus (Thrown Boulder), Weapon Specialization (Thrown Boulder)
Challenge Rating: 16
Alignment: Often lawful evil

Combat
Rock Throwing (Ex): The range increment is 120 feet for a fire giant’s thrown rocks.
Old stone bones (Ex): Immune to critical hits dealt by medium sized or smaller weapons.
Accomplished thrower (Ex): Weapon focus (thrown boulder) and weapon specialization (thrown boulder) as bonus feats.
Skipping Stone (Ex): As a full attack, can attack an area 10 feet wide and Str (35) feet long. Targets get reflex save DC 17 or take half rock damage.
Pinning throw (Ex): Can pin target with thrown boulder. Rock thrower throws with half normal range increment; victim of attack must make strength check equal to ½ damage dealt or be pinned; may not move, suffers -4 dex, -2 attack, and loses dex bonus to AC. Can attempt to escape (Strength or Escape Artist check at same DC) each round as a standard action.
Pillar throw (Ex): Touch attack verus an area; causes standard damage to anyone in area (reflex save as pinning throw above), and creates a 6 foot barrier in that 5 foot square.
Brute Force (Ex): May use strength instead of dex for attack bonuses for thrown boulders.

* - From FFG’s Monster’s Handbook
** - From FFG’s Giant Lore

FIRE GIANT Greatsword Master
Large Giant (Fire) Fighter 2/Greatsword Master* 4
Hit Dice: 15d8+6d10+140 (247 hp)
Speed: 30 ft. in half-plate armor (6 squares); base speed 40 ft.
Armor Class: 26 (-1 size, +2 Dex, +8 natural, +7 half-plate armor) touch 8, flat-footed 23
Base Attack/Grapple: +17/+32
Attack: Greatsword +29 melee (3d6+20) or slam +28 melee (1d4+12) or rock +19 ranged (2d6+12 plus 2d6 fire)
Full Attack: Greatsword +29/+24/+19 melee (3d6+20) or 2 slams +28 melee (1d4+10) or rock +19 ranged (2d6+10 plus 2d6 fire)
Special Attacks: Rock throwing
Special Qualities: Immunity to fire, low-light vision, rock catching, vulnerability to cold
Saves: Fort +21, Ref +9, Will +12
Abilities: Str 35, Dex 14, Con 24, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 9
Skills: Climb +20, Craft (any one) +11, Intimidate +6, Jump +9, Spot +14
Feats: Cleave, Combat Reflexes, Great Cleave, Improved Overrun, Improved Sunder, Iron Will, Power Attack, Stomp Attack**, Towering Attacker**, Weapon Focus (Greatsword), maneuver feats
Challenge Rating: 17
Alignment: Often lawful evil

Combat
Rock Throwing (Ex): The range increment is 120 feet for a fire giant’s thrown rocks.
Old stone bones** (Ex): Immune to critical hits dealt by medium sized or smaller weapons.
(Giant Feats):
Towering Attacker**: +1 to hit and +2 damage against medium sized or smaller opponents.
Stomp Attack**: Can do an additional stop as part of a full attack action. Against medium sized creatures, this inflicts -2 to all attack. Against small creatures (or smaller) there is no penalty. Attack does 1d8+12 points of damage
(Greatsword master feats):
Crossing Strikes** (Ex): Three step attack; if you hit with one of the first two attacks in your sequence, you get a +5 with the third.
Greatsword Spin Strike** (Ex): Sacrifice one attack in a sequence to gain +5 to hit and damage on next attack.
Set for counterattack** (Ex): By readying an action, you receive an attack of opportunity against anyone who attacks you, with a +2 maneuver bonus to hit on each attack.
Sweeping Attack** (Ex): Can be used with a full attack if each attack hits a separate target; every attack past the first gains a +2 maneuver bonus to damage.
* - From Second World Simulations Masters of Arms
** - From Monsters Handbook (stomp attack uses damage as defined in giant lore.)

Psion

Adventurer
Heavy Patrol

Most random encounters I have left the same, but the Heavy Patrol I thought I would spice up a bit.

A heavy patrol consists of 3 ogre barbarians, 1 fire giant greatsword master, 1 fire giant rock hurler, and 1 hezrou mortal slayer.

Ogre Barbarian: Ogre Barbarian 4 (Use stock stats: Str 26, Dex 12, Con 17, Int 6, Wis 12, Cha 4, 68 hp)
See fire giant stats above

The hezrou I added mortal slayer levels to (a fiendish class from BoVD). I also fiends back most of the spell like abilities that they lose in 3.5.

Hezrou Mortal Slayer: Hezrou Ranger 2 / Mortal Slayer* 7
Large Outsider (Chaotic, Extraplanar, Evil);
Hit Dice: 12d8+7d10+190 (282 hp)
Initiative: +0
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 23 (–1 size, +14 natural) touch 9, flat-footed 23
Base Attack/Grapple: +19/+31
Attack: Bite +27 melee (4d6+8)
Full Attack: Bite +27 melee (4d6+8) and 2 claws +22 melee (2d6+4)
Special Attacks: Spell-like abilities, stench, improved grab, summon demon

Special Qualities: Damage reduction 10/good, darkvision 60 ft., immunity to electricity and poison, resistance to acid 10, cold 10, and fire 10, spell resistance 19, telepathy 100 ft.
Saves: Fort +25(+29), Ref +15(+19), Will +13(+17) (=against mortal magic)
Abilities: Str 26, Dex 12, Con 30, Int 16, Wis 18, Cha 16
Skills: Bluff +10, Climb +23, Concentration +25, Hide +23, Escape Artist +14, Intimidate +16, Listen +36, Move Silently +26, Search +23, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +16, Spot +35, Speak Language +1, Survival +12 (+14 following tracks), Use Rope +5 (+3 with bindings)
Feats: Alertness, Blind-Fight, Boost Spell Like Ability*, Cleave, Lightning Reflexes, Mortalbane*, Power Attack, Track, Quicken Spell Like Ability*, Two Weapon Fighting
Challenge Rating: 19
Alignment: Always chaotic evil

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, a hezrou must hit with both claw attacks. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity.

Spell-Like Abilities: At will—animate object, blink, chaos hammer (DC 17), deeper darkness, desecrate, detect good, detect magic, dispel good, magic circle against good, produce flame, summon swarm, teleport without error (self plus 50 pounds of objects only), and unholy blight (DC 18); 3/day—blasphemy (DC 19), gaseous form. Caster level 13th. The save DCs are Charisma-based.

Stench (Ex): A hezrou’s skin produces a foul-smelling, toxic liquid whenever it fights. Any living creature (except other demons) within 10 feet must succeed on a DC 25 Fortitude save or be nauseated for as long as it remains within the affected area and for 1d4 rounds afterward. Creatures that successfully save are sickened for as long as they remain in the area. A creature that successfully saves cannot be affected again by the same hezrou’s stench for 24 hours. A delay poison or neutralize poison spell removes either condition from one creature. Creatures that have immunity to poison are unaffected, and creatures resistant to poison receive their normal bonus on their saving throws.. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Summon Demon (Sp): Once per day a hezrou can attempt to summon 4d10 dretches or another hezrou with a 35% chance of success. This ability is the equivalent of a 4th-level spell.

Skills: Hezrous have a +8 racial bonus on Listen and Spot checks.

Mortal Slayer Abilities (All*)
Racial Enemy - Elves (+2 on selected skill checks and damage)
Mortal Hunter - +2 on selected skill checks and damage (+4 for elves)
Mortal Skin - can use flesh of mortals to polymorph into shape of any nondragon mortal.
Detect Mortals - As detect undead cast at 15th level, but mortals are detected.
Boost Spell Like Ability - (feat) - +2 DC on each spell like ability 3/day.
Smite Mortal - 1/day, +3 to hit, +14 damage
Spurn mortal magic - add wisdom bonus as an additional modifier to all spells or spell like abilities by mortals.
Claws of the Overfiend: Increase claw damage by one category

Psion

Adventurer
Night Touched

A little more backstory:

In my version of the CotSQ, the reason that the followers of the undead drow goddess were able to take the city is not the loss of power of followers of lolth, but a significant increase in the arts of undeath.

Part I of their grand plan in the creation of the night touched, undead/demons that allow them to wrest control of undead from the other factions.

(Part II is that the temple will let them keep it by fueling the creation of undead dragons.)

Night Touched are creatures from Creature Collection II. What follows is a conversion of their stats to 3.5 stats (excepting that I use 3.0 for some details, like facing and spells.) After that is a version made to challenge my wrecking crew of a party: a paragon spell-stitched night touched controller.

Nightborn (Night-Touched)

This is the secret that Kavishella granted that was key to the shifting of power in the city: the night touched (from Creature Collection 2). Night touched controllers gave the cult of Kavishella unprecedented power in claiming control of undead.

Night touched were made under 3.0 rules, and I use 3.5 creature rules except for DR (and that I use the scry skill.) That being the case, I think it is prudent to update them to 3.5. Due to S&SS’s PI policy, names of creatures are PI, so I’ll be renaming these “Nightborn” if it ever becomes an OGC issue. The biggest change was the skills and feats, though I added some clarifications to some abilities.

Night touched:

General Night Touched Qualities:

All night touched share these basic qualities.
Burning Chill Aura (Su): All night touched radiate a 30 foot radius aura of “Burning Cold”. Living creatures in the radius feel alternately seared and chilled. Every round in the area of effect, living creatures must make a fortitude save (DC 10 + ½ HD + Charisma modifier) or suffer 1d6 points of damage. The effects of multiple night touched stack; make a single save for all night touched, but damage is cumulative. Creatures use the lower of their cold or fire resistance versus this effect, but creatures immune to negative energy are not affected (but neither are they healed.)
Aversion to Daylight: Night touch hate light. While exposed to natural daylight (or the equivalent), they suffer a -2 penalty to all attack rolls.
Immunities(Ex): Night touched are immune to fire and cold
Resistances (Ex): Resistance to acid: 10
Telepathy (Su): Can communicate with any creature with a language, range 50 feet.
See in darkness (Su): Night-touched can see perfectly in normal or magical darkness.
Demon’s Blood (Ex): Night-touched are treated as native outsiders of their alignment for the purposes of any spells or effects that target outsiders.

Night-touched controller
Medium Sized Undead
Hit Dice: 8d12
Speed: 30 ft.
Armor Class: 18 (+2 Dex, +6 Natural), touch 12, flat-footed 16
Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+6
Attack: claw +6 melee (1d6+2)
Full Attack: 2 claws +6 melee (1d6+2)
Special Attacks: Control, spell-like abilities, summon undead, control undead and outsiders
Special Qualities: Night-touched qualities, undead qualities, summon and control pool.
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +11
Abilities: Str 15, Dex 14, Con –, Int 20, Wis 20, Cha 18
Skills: Concentration +15, Hide +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +15, Knowledge (The Planes) +11, Knowledge (Religion) +11, Listen +18, Move Silently +13, Scry +16, Search +16, Spot +18.
Feats: Alertness, Combat Casting, Run
Environment: Any land and underground
Organization: Solitary, Group (2-4)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: Standard
Advancement: 9-12 HD (medium-size), 13-18 HD (large)
Level Adjustment: –

Combat:
Undead:
Spell like abilities (Sp): At will - darkness, confusion, and cause disease; 3/day - animate dead. Cast as a sorcerer of the night touched’s HD (DC 14+spell level.) The DC is Charisma based.
Summon/Control Pool (Ex): The controller has a pool of control/summon points (SP) that it can use to summon undead or control undead or outsiders. A controller has 1d4+4 points per HD. Thus a standard night touched has 32+8d4 SP (or an average of 52 SP). The controller recovers all SP after one day.
Summon Undead (Sp): The controller can summon any type of Undead (DMs discretion) by paying 1 SP per HD or CR (whichever is greater). No individual creature can have more than half of the controller’s HD. The undead arrive in 1d10 rounds and serve for one hour or until released. The controller may opt to spend twice as many points to have the creature serve for a day.
Control Undead or Outsiders (Sp): A controller can attempt to control any undead creature or evil outsider in it can see (in its line of sight or via its sense unnatural ability) by spending SP equal to the creature’s HD or CR (whichever is higher.) The creature is allowed a save (DC 18; save is Charisma based), but the controller may try again by expending more SP in subsequent rounds. If the creature fails its save it serves as if dominated, undead immunity to mind affecting effects notwithstanding. The creature serves for an hour, but the night touched may choose to expend twice as many SP to have the effect last for a day.
Sense Unnatural (Su): The controller can sense all undead and outsiders within a number of miles equal to its scry ranks (typically 11.) Three times per day, it may attempt to see any such creature that is senses via this ability by making a scry skill check (DC 10+creature’s HD). If successful, it can view creature as by greater scrying. Further, it may exercise control on the viewed creature as above.

Night-touched hound
Medium-size undead
Hit Dice: 4d12 (26)
Initiative: +7
Speed: 60 ft.
Armor Class: 19 (+3 Dex, + 6 Natural), touch 13, flat-footed 16
Base Attack/Grapple: +2/+5
Attack: bite bite +5 melee (1d6+3)
Full Attack: bite +5 melee (1d6+3)
Special Qualities: Night touched qualities, unshakable scent, closing speed, undead, skills.
Saves: Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +5
Abilities: Str 16, Dex 16, Con –, Int 6, Wis 12, Cha 13
Skills: Hide +7, Listen +11, Move Silent +7, Spot +11, Survival +7*
Feats: Alertness, Improved Initiative
Environment: Any land or underground
Organization: Solitary or pack
Challenge Rating: 2
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always chaotic neutral
Advancement: 5-7 HD (medium sized), 8-10 HD (large)
Level Adjustment:

Closing speed(Ex): If a night touch hound nears its prey that it has tracked for at least 10 minutes, the fervor for the hunt generates a tremendous burst of speed. The hound may take a charge action to move at 10 times its normal movement speed.
Unshakeable scent (Ex): Once a night touched hound has scented out its prey, it will never lose that scent and need make no further checks to track its prey. Only magical means of hiding a scent (such as pass without trace) or aerial or magical transport will allow a victim to evade the night-touched hound who has locked onto it.
Undead traits:
Skills: Night touched hounds have a +2 racial bonus to hide and move silently, a +6 racial bonus to spot and listen, and a +4 racial bonus to survival when tracking by scent.

Paragon Night Touched

These are the real thorns in the sides of the other drow. Guided by her goddesses hand, Xune has brought into being a few paragon controllers that are the extension of her will. These controllers are advanced night touched controllers with the paragon and spell-stitched templates applied.

Paragon Spell-stitched Night-touched controller
Large Undead
Hit Dice: 18d12+216 (432)
Initiative: +16
Speed: 90 ft.
Armor Class: 50 (+8 Dex, +8 Natural, +12 insight, +12 luck), touch 42, flat-footed 42
Base Attack/Grapple: +9/+52
Attack: claw +47 melee (1d8+34)
Full Attack: 2 claws +47 melee (1d8+34)
Special Attacks: Control, spell-like abilities, summon undead, control undead and outsiders
Special Qualities: Night-touched qualities, undead qualities, summon and control pool, DR 20/+6, SR 32, fast healing 20.
Saves: Fort +22, Ref +24, Will +33
Abilities: Str 38, Dex 27, Con –, Int 35, Wis 35, Cha 33
Skills: Concentration +42, Hide +40, Knowledge (Arcana) +40, Knowledge (The Planes) +34, Knowledge (Religion) +34, Listen +45, Move Silently +40, Scry +43, Search +43, Spot +45.
Feats: (7+2) Alertness, Combat Casting, Epic Fortitude, Great Fortitude, Improved Initiative, Improved Combat Casting, Lightning Initiative, Quicken Spell-Like Ability, Run
Environment: Any land and underground
Organization: Solitary, Group (2-4)
Challenge Rating: 22
Treasure: Standard
Advancement: 9-12 HD (medium-size), 13-18 HD (large)
Level Adjustment: –

Combat:
Undead:
Spell like abilities (Sp): At will - darkness, confusion, and cause disease; 3/day - animate dead. Cast as a sorcerer of 33rd level. Also use greater dispelling, haste, and see invisibility 3/day at 15th level. All abilities DC 34+spell level. The DC is Charisma based.
Spell like abilities (Spellstitched)(Sp): 3/day - magic missile, 2/day - summon swarm, web, 1/day - circle of death, enervation, evards black tentacles, mage armor, magic jar, mana spear, shadow cloak, wall of force, as sorcerer of 33rd level. DC 34+spell level.
Summon/Control Pool (Ex): The controller has a pool of control/summon points (SP) that it can use to summon undead or control undead or outsiders. A controller has 1d4+4 points per HD. Thus a standard night touched has 32+8d4 SP (or an average of 52 SP). The controller recovers all SP after one day. This controller has average for 18 hd +13 (130).
Summon Undead (Sp): The controller can summon any type of Undead (DMs discretion) by paying 1 SP per HD or CR (whichever is greater). No individual creature can have more than half of the controller’s HD. The undead arrive in 1d10 rounds and serve for one hour or until released. The controller may opt to spend twice as many points to have the creature serve for a day.
Control Undead or Outsiders (Sp): A controller can attempt to control any undead creature or evil outsider in it can see (in its line of sight or via its sense unnatural ability) by spending SP equal to the creature’s HD or CR (whichever is higher.) The creature is allowed a save (DC 43; save is Charisma based), but the controller may try again by expending more SP in subsequent rounds. If the creature fails its save it serves as if dominated, undead immunity to mind affecting effects notwithstanding. The creature serves for an hour, but the night touched may choose to expend twice as many SP to have the effect last for a day.
Sense Unnatural (Su): The controller can sense all undead and outsiders within a number of miles equal to its scry ranks (21.) Three times per day, it may attempt to see any such creature that is senses via this ability by making a scry skill check (DC 10+creature’s HD). If successful, it can view creature as by greater scrying. Further, it may exercise control on the viewed creature as above.
Burning Chill Aura (Su): All night touched radiate a 30 foot radius aura of “Burning Cold”. Living creatures in the radius feel alternately seared and chilled. Every round in the area of effect, living creatures must make a fortitude save (DC 30) or suffer 1d6+13 points of damage. The effects of multiple night touched stack; make a single save for all night touched, but damage is cumulative. Creatures use the lower of their cold or fire resistance versus this effect, but creatures immune to negative energy are not affected (but neither are they healed.)
Aversion to Daylight: Night touch hate light. While exposed to natural daylight (or the equivalent), they suffer a -2 penalty to all attack rolls.
Immunities(Ex): Night touched are immune to fire and cold
Resistances (Ex): Resistance to acid: 10
Telepathy (Su): Can communicate with any creature with a language, range 50 feet.
See in darkness (Su): Night-touched can see perfectly in normal or magical darkness.
Demon’s Blood (Ex): Night-touched are treated as native outsiders of their alignment for the purposes of any spells or effects that target outsiders.

Psion

Adventurer
Death Knight

This is Gavannon Alderheart, a death knight.

He's an old villain of the party. But he wasn't a death knight last time they met. He was a mirror clone of a hero in the PCs kingdom who took his place (see the plane of mirrors in Manual of the Planes). They discovered his betrayal and his efforts to build an artifact called the doom engine that made undead regenerate and spontaneously animate. In my timeline, this was a prototype of the temple in CotSQ.

Gavannon was slain falling into a pit of negative energy. You know that couldn't last for a follower of a goddess of undeath, do you? Gavannon has now taken his drow lover's side as a death knight.

Incidentally, when the Death Knight template first appeared in the dragon, it's constitution drain applied to its weapon attacks. I don't know why they changed it in the MMII. I keep it.

Gavannon Alderheart, male human death knight Nob6/Ftr6/Blk10: CR ; Medium sized undead (6 ft., 0 in. tall); HD 22d12; hp 143; Init +5 (+1 Dex, +4 Improved initiative); Spd 30 ft.; AC 37 (+5 Natural, +12 armor, +5 shield, +4 deflection, +1 Dex); Attack +36/+36/+31/+26/+21 melee [+2 more vs. good] (1d10+14 bastard sword, +2d6 more against good, +1 con point), or +21/+16/+11/+6 ranged; SV Fort +19 (+14 base, +5 Cha), Ref +14 (+7 Base, +2 Dex, +5 Cha), Will +17 (+10 Base, +2 Wis, +5 Cha); AL CE; Str 25 [31], Dex 14, Con – , Int 16, Wis 14, Cha 21[27].
Languages Spoken: Aborian, Draconic, Dwarven, Giant, Gnome, Infernal, Trade Tongue, Turanian, Undercommon.
Skills and feats: Bluff +15 (+11 Rank, +4 Cha), Concentrate +15 (+10 Rank, +5 Cha), Diplomacy +17 (+13 Rank, +4 Cha), Handle Animal +25 (+20 Rank, +5 Cha), Heal +7 (+5 Rank, +2 Wis), Hide +11 (+9 Rank, +2 Dex), Innuendo +8 (+7 Rank, +1 Wis), Intimidate +23 (+19 Rank, +4 Cha), Jump +14 (+9 Rank, +5 Str), Knowledge (Religion) +17 (+14 Rank, +3 Int), Knowledge (Royalty & Nobility) +9 (+6 Rank, +3 Int), Listen +8 (+7 Rank, +1 Wis), Ride +26 (+25 Rank, +1 Dex), Sense Motive +10 (+9 Rank, +1 Wis), Speak Language +4 (+4 Rank), Spot +7 (+6 Rank, +1 Wis), Survival +4 (+3 Rank, +1 Wis); Blind-fight, Cleave, Combat Reflexes, Epic Weapon Focus (Bastard Swrod), Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Bastard Sword), Improved initiative, Improved Critical (Bastard Sword), Improved Sunder, Leadership, Power Attack, Weapon Focus (Bastard Sword), Weapon Specialization (Bastard Sword),
Constitution Drain: Melee attacks do 1 constitution point each.
Abyssal Blast (Su): 1/day at range of 1280 feet, 20d6 damage, half damage fire, half profane. Save DC 26.
Fear Aura (Su): creatures with less than 5 HD must save or be affected as if by a fear spell (DC 26)
Undead Followers: Up to 44 HD.
DR: 15/+1
Immunities: Cold, Electricity, Polymorph
SR: 32
Turn Immunity: Cannot be turned.
Summon Mount: Fiendish dragon
Sneak Attack: +3d6
Dark Blessing: +5 all saves
Smite Good: 3/day, +7 attack, +10 damage.
Possessions: +4 full plate, +3 heavy steel shield, amulet +2, ring +4, +4 unholy bastard sword of speed, +2 crossbow, belt of giant strength +6, incadescent blue ioun stone (fly), cloak of charisma +6. +16,000 gp
Other Wealth: 5pp, 185gp, 8 Gems[500gp Large Amber Stone; 800gp Deep Blue Spinel; 100gp Deep Green Spinel; 50gp Carnelian; 80gp Chrysoprase; 600gp Huge Zircon; 40gp Smoky Quartz; 40gp Chalcedony;
Blackguard Spells Per Day: 3/3/2/1.

Psion

Adventurer
Matron Xune

This is sort of my ultimate bad guy. I say sort of because the blood liches are really nastier.

Under 3.0, she was a true necromancer. True necromancers are made pointless by the addition of the Mystic Theurge and the addition of undead creation spell to the necromancer list. However, I wasn't about to make here into a MT, as the class seems bland and a bit potent at high levels, so a made a customized, toned down version, the Charnel Lord or Lady. See next post.

She also has levels in Drow Aristocrat and Avatar. Avatar is a legendary class from FFG's path of faith.

She isn't fully equipped, but I will be using items from CotSQ.

Matron Xune: Female Drow Clr5/Nec3/ChL10*/DrA**5/DvA5***: CR 29; medium sized humanoid (4'8"), HD 10d8+13d4+5d6+28; hp 128; Init +1 (+1 Dex); Spd 30 ft.; AC 11 (+1 Dex); Attack (BAB=+10, +14 total) +16/+11 melee, or +15/+10 ranged; SV Fort +13, Ref +13, Will +32; AL CE; Str 15, Dex 13, Con 13, Int 22(28), Wis 26(32), Cha 20(24).

* - Charnel Lady, Trinalia Prestige Class, see below
*** - Drow Aristocrat, see previous entry
** - Divine Avatar legendary class, from Path of Faith by FFG

Languages Spoken: Draconic, Elven, Gnoll, Goblin, Orc, Sylvan, Trade Tongue, Undercommon.

Skills and feats: Bluff +14, Concentration +24, Craft (Alchemy) +20, Diplomacy +20, Heal +17, Intimidate +19, Knowledge (Arcana) +28, Knowledge (History) +17, Knowledge (Nobility) +19, Knowledge (Planes) +20, Knowledge (Religion) +42, Listen +13, Scry +22, Sense Motive +46, Spellcraft +36, Spot +32; Alertness, Automatic Quicken Spell, Blind fight(B), Craft staff, Craft wand, Craft wondrous item, Extra Turning (B), Forge Ring, Iron Will, Leadership (B), Quicken spell, Scribe scroll (B), Skill Focus (Knowledge (Religion)), Spell Focus (Necromancy).
Rebuke Undead: At 15th level
Visage of Undeath: Treated as undead by mindless undead.
Necropotence: 3/day cast necromancy spell at 30th level.
Marshal Undead: Desecrate effect in 50 foot radius at 10th level.
Necromantic Secrets: Reduce cost to create undead by 25%.
Charnel pact: If slain, will rise as undead.
Mature powers: levitation and detect magic 1/day
Power improvement: dispel magic and suggestion 1/day
Uncanny dodge
Barrier of Strength I: Stoneskin and Globe of Invulnerability 1/day for 3 rounds as a free action.
Divine Invulnerability I: Immune to fire, electricity.
Divine Sight III: +12 legendary bonus to spot and sense motive, true seeing 3/day.
Deeper understanding IV: +4 wisdom.
Voice of Truth V: +5 legendary bonus to Charisma

Possessions: 220,000 gp in gear. +4 Cloak, +6 Headband, +6 Periapt

Cleric Domains: Charnel, Vengeance.
Spellcasting: Cleric 17, Necromancer 13

Xune is the matron of the Claddath family. She is old, canny, and shrewd. Her consort is the blood lich Relenor. They met as young apprentices, but his transformation to a blood lich has allowed him to remain youthful while Xune has aged. The years and the twisted mindset of the two have extinguished anything resembling passion between the two. Xune has long since lost Relenor’s attraction to the younger Akordia. Though she knows that she could in no way control the Sangrolu, nor desires to anger such a powerful ally, and though she could care less for his long lost affection, she is sufficiently petty that she would try to destroy her lieutenant if she ever discovered the tryst.

Psion

Adventurer
Charnel Lord/Lady (Prestige Class)
In the land of Trinalia, a variety of dark deities have servants skilled in corrupting a living soul and defying death by creating undead servants. A few, however, view necromancy as an end rather than a means. Followers of such powers must master both divine and arcane methods of creating and controlling such creatures.
Hit die: D4

Requirements:
To qualify to become a Charnel Lady, the character must meet the following requirements:
Domains: Must have Charnel or Necromancy as domains.
Skills: Knowledge (Arcana) 8 ranks, Knowledge (Religion) 8 ranks.
Feats: Spell Focus (Necromancy)
Class Abilities: Ability to Rebuke Undead.
Spellcasting: Able to cast divine spells of 3nd level of the Charnel or Necromancy domain, and must be able to cast 2nd level arcane spells of the necromancy school.

Class Skills: The Charnel Lady’s class skills are Concentration (Con), Craft(Int), Decipher Script (Int), Knowledge (Arcana)(Int), Knowledge (Religion) (Int), Profession (Wis), Scry (Int), Search (Wis), and Spellcraft (Int).

Skill points at each level: 2 + int modifier.

Class Features:
The following are class features of the charnel lord/lady prestige class.
Weapon and Armor proficiency: Charnel ladies gain no new weapon or armor proficiencies.
Spells per Day: At the indicated levels, the charnel lord/lady gains a level in spellcasting capability as if she had gained a level in her previous arcane and/or divine spellcasting classes. The character does not gain any other class abilities of those classes such as additional turning undead abilities or familiar progression.
Rebuke undead (Su): The charnel lord/lady’s class levels stack with those of any prior class for the purposes of rebuking undead.
Visage of Undeath (Su): At 2nd level, mindless undead creatures regard the charnel lord/lady as another undead creature, and will not automatically attack her.
Necropotence (Ex): Starting at third level, the charnel lord or lady learns to focus arcane and divine might into a single spell. Once per day, the character may cast any spell of the necromancy school as if her caster level was the total of her arcane and divine caster levels.
Marshal Undead (Su): At 5th level, the Charnel lord/lady is permanently considered to radiate a desectrate effect at the character’s class level (not caster level). This desecrate effect can be dispelled normally, but the character can spend a rebuke attempt next turn as a standard action to restore it.
Necromantic Secrets (Ex): At 7th level, the experience and closeness to her deity gives the charnel lady unprecedented insights into the creation of powerful undead. When creating undead, reduce the material component and XP costs by 25%.
Also, at the GM’s option, this ability will allow the character the ability to create even more potent undead.
Charnel Pact (Ex): At 10th level, the Charnel Lady may no longer be raised or resurrected. However, if slain, she automatically rises as an undead creature 1d6 nights after slain, unless extraordinary measures are taken to prevent this.
The type of creature is up to the DM, though any undead template with a CR modifier of +2 or less may be applied.

Code:
The Charnel Lord/Lady

Class      Fort Refl Will
Level BAB  Save Save Save Special             Spells
1st   +0   +0   +0   +2   Rebuke undead       +1 level of arcane class
                                              +1 level of divine class
2nd   +1   +0   +0   +3   Visage of Undeath   +1 level of arcane class
                                              +1 level of divine class
3rd   +1   +1   +1   +3   Necropotence 1/day  +1 level of divine class
4th   +2   +1   +1   +4                       +1 level of arcane class
                                              +1 level of divine class
5th   +2   +1   +1   +4   Marshal Undead      +1 level of arcane class
6th   +3   +2   +2   +5   Necropotence 2/day  +1 level of arcane class
                                              +1 level of divine class
7th   +3   +2   +2   +5   Necromantic Secrets +1 level of divine class
8th   +4   +2   +2   +6                       +1 level of arcane class
                                              +1 level of divine class
9th   +4   +3   +3   +6   Necropotence 3/day  +1 level of arcane class
10th  +5   +3   +3   +7   Charnel pact        +1 level of arcane class
                                              +1 level of divine class

Psion

Adventurer
I'm debating whether or not to post Relenor the Blood Lich. He uses two templates from an as-yet-to-be-released project...

Consider this a placeholder. ;) Suffice to say that relenor is a blood lich. A blood lich is a vampire that undergoes a ritual much like that used to create a lich, with the purpose of removing many vampire weaknesses. They also have the ability to use blood to empower spells and create other effects.

They are very nasty. Relenor is a Ftr 4 / Wiz 10 / Eldricth Knight 10. After templates, he has 31 HD, I think 29 CR, and I am seriously thinking about excluding him because he may be too nasty.

Remove ads