• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PSP - got one now :)

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Thanee said:
Hmm... good question... I'm not a console player at all, I never had any console, always computer (PC as of late).

I like a lot of games, though, mostly Story RPGs, Strategic RPGs, Action RPGs, RTS, Tactical games, Arcade-style games.

Brave Story is probably the best japanese style RPG on the system (based on a book). It's a little anime-ish, though.

Field Commander is a pretty decent turn based wargame, in the vein of Advance Wars.

Lord of the Rings Tactics is a decent non-Anime tactical RPG. Not great, the interface is clunky and the action is somewhat slow, but I liked it.

Ultimate Ghosts n Goblins is a great arcade style platformer. Hard, though.

ohGr

First Post
R-Type Command comes out next week; it appears to be a rather bizarre little hybrid of shmup and turn-based strategy. Weird, but looks cool.

Darkwolf71

First Post
If you like RPGs, you have to get Final Fantasy I. FFII is not bad either, and as mentioned above Crisis Core is a blast, but FFI is a 'must have'. (IMHO:D)

Silent Hill Zer0 is great, if you like survival horror. It actually managed to give me nightmares and that is not an easy thing to do. (I'm a twisted individual, I actually enjoy waking up and being terrified for that second or two before reality catches up.)

R-Type is going to be great, I didn't know it was coming out yet.

D&D Tactics... clunky is a good description. I have a friend who swears she absolutly loves the game, but I tried to play it and was frusterated by the s l o w awkward game-play.

Thanee

First Post
Is this FF: Crisis Core even out yet?

Amazon says: "Available for pre-order. This item will be released on 20 Jun 2008."

Bye
Thanee

babomb

First Post
* Patapon - a fun rhythm game with interesting combat and RPG elements.
* Final Fantasy Tactics - an excellent tactical RPG. It also has good music. I bought this remake even though I own the original Playstation version. The translation is much better, though some of the sound effects aren't as good.
* Puzzle Quest - Bejeweled RPG. Seriously. Pretty fun.
* Lumines - is pretty neat, but I found it ceases to be interesting fairly quickly.
* Loco Roco - I have no idea how to describe this game, other than to say that it is like pure joy distilled into video game form.
* Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters - a solid action platformer. Full disclosure: I work for the company that made this game. But it does have good reviews.
* Secret Agent Clank - sequel to the previous. Comes out June 17. Full disclosure: I worked on this game. But I think it's pretty cool.
* Jeanne D'Arc - I haven't played this one yet, but I hear good things about it, and I've been planning on picking it up.
* R-Type Command - Comes out soon, looks really interesting. A tactics game based on a shoot-em-up? I'll probably pick it up.
* Echochrome - Escher-esque puzzle game. Just came out. I plan on picking it up.
* Space Invaders Extreme - remake/reimagining of the arcade classic. Out in June.

ohGr

First Post
Thanee said:
Is this FF: Crisis Core even out yet?

Amazon says: "Available for pre-order. This item will be released on 20 Jun 2008."

Bye
Thanee
That depends; are we talking US or EU? The US version has been out for over a month now while the EU version is indeed slated for June.

Thanee

First Post
Ah, I see. Have been checking amazon.co.uk mostly.

* Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters - a solid action platformer. Full disclosure: I work for the company that made this game. But it does have good reviews.
* Secret Agent Clank - sequel to the previous. Comes out June 17. Full disclosure: I worked on this game. But I think it's pretty cool.

Nice! :D

I've seen the demo of the PS3 version at a friend, definitely looks cool.

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
Got God of War, WH40K Squad Command, and the Sega Mega Drive Collection in the mail yesterday. :)

There are quite a few interesting titles you suggested so far, I think I will start with Patapon and/or Loco Roco; those sound quite unique. :D

Bye
Thanee

Center-of-All

First Post
If you like tactical RPG's, then I have to recommend Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness. A port from the PS2, this is an amazing game with very deep strategy, tons of unlockable characters, and almost unlimited replay value. Most RPGs top out at level 99. This tops out at level 9999. As a plus, it's absolutely hilarious, one of the best comedic games out there. Grab it if you see it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads