PSS #29: The Devil We Know (Pt.1) - Shipyard Rats

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
This is a special game for the Pathfinder Society Social Group. This is a closed game avaobale for the following players/members:

[MENTION=54810]renau1g[/MENTION]
[MENTION=29558]Mowgli[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2710]jkason[/MENTION]
[MENTION=70171]PeteZero[/MENTION]

Please look into the social group and join in the fun.

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Venture-Captain Hestia Themis, a small, unassuming woman of Taldan heritage with dark hair and eyes, holds a large sheaf of papers in her small hands and clears her throat. Her booming voice, the antithesis of her stature, fills the main hall of the small Pathfinder Lodge in the Taldan city of Cassomir.

“One of our own has been kidnapped. Pathfinder Cestis was taken just days ago from a relics auction in the Imperial Naval Shipyards, and we believe his dissapearance to be related to the six dozen or so kidnappings of the last several months. Now that one of our own is missing, this has become a Society matter—something we’ll get to the bottom of.”

Themis gestures to a teenage boy standing beside her, who nervously regards his surroundings and sweats profusely, his thick brown hair matted and wet against his head. “This is Nefti, the assistant to the biggest thorn in my side in Cassomir—an agent of the Aspis Consortium named Kafar. Kafar is also missing, taken from the same relics auction along with Pathfinder Cestis and a dozen other citizens of Cassomir. Nefti was at the auction, saw where a small group of the kidnapped victims were taken, and his handlers in Cassomir have give us access to him so that he might guide us to our missing Pathfinder. If you happen to find Kafar...” Themis grinds her teeth. “Let him go, per the agreement I’ve just made with his superiors. Your priority is Cestis, and I think Nefti can lead you to him. Any questions?”

[sblock=OOC] Please in your opening posts give a description of your characters any gear and such. Also pm me your fractions for your "secert" mission or annouce them in the IC if you don't care if others know or not. [/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Ingio shifts in his seat, the expression on his face clearly demonstrating his anger and reluctance. Bristly orange hair practically stands on end, and his eyes - an orange just a shade darker than his hair - glint like steel. "What!? We're working with Aspis on this? V-C, you can't be serious! We can't trust those slimy bastards any farther than I could throw 'em!"

The little gnome is clearly agitated. His studded leather creaks as he bounces in irritation, and as his foot bumps his finely crafted pack the various vials and stonework containers brush together with an oddly soothing tinkle - his own personal set of 'windchimes.'

renau1g

First Post
A human leans against the wall at the back of the small lodge, having refused any offers to take a seat. The man was obviously a hunter of some kind, having a bow and his cloak dyed to more easily blend in with the forest. He was quiet, a criss-cross of scars on his face told the story of a hard life, although he refused any questions about his past. He had introduced himself earlier as "Kade" a simple name for the man, and also one that didn't give away where he was even from. In addition to his bow, the man also carried a large sheathed sword, as tall as he was, and his armor was made up of many small scales bound together.

He smiles a bit at the mention of the Aspis member being kidnapped, but that quickly fades and a scowl cross his hardened face. He was about to voice his displeasure when the gnome, what was his name again, Ah, yes Inigo, no wait, Ingio, spoke up. Kade ran a hand across his clean-shaven face, then steps forward. "It seems I've chosen the right mission for my first assignment with the Society. I'm Kade, as most of you know, and I am skilled in tracking individuals, although the city ain't my usual hangout." the man says, turning to Nefti "Know this little man, I will be watching you, I don't trust you and if so much as smell any hint that you ain't on the up and up, well, lets not get into that here..." he adds, leaving the threat hanging in the air.

jkason

First Post
Baliere Duldrem, human cleric

"Oh, go easy on the boy, Kade."

A pale young man near the back stands. You recall him making the rounds introducing himself as Baliere Duldrem. His blonde hair and beard are neatly trimmed, his scale mail clean, and while the starknife and morningstar at either hip might make him seem aggressively overarmed (especially adding in the crossbow leaning against his backpack at his feet), the most striking thing about him are his icy blue eyes.

"I haven't met a kid yet who had much say in his vocation at that age," the man says, hands drifting absently to touch the wooden Desna-butterfly hanging from his neck. There seems to be a hint of self-referencing in the remark, though the moment passes quickly. "He looks scared enough already. Make you deal, Nefti: The quicker you help us find our people, the quicker you get out of the lion's den, eh?" he says with a wink.

PeteZero

First Post
Kronk sits in his chair, using his fingers to get some stuck meat out from between his teeth. He wears a chainmail, and at his side sits a huge greataxe. Out of the pouches of his backpack a lot of vials and potions stick out, and the backpack seems full stuffed. He has introduced himself as Kronk, a half-orc, proficient in wielding an axe effectively as well as sensitive connoctions.
"Alright then, go ahead and let us know everything important, and then we are out here to get the task done."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The young man nods to Baliere and is just about to speak but then stops. Clearing changing his mind about what he was going to say he states simply. "Follow me."

Nefti leads the party out of the Societies charter house and onto the streets of Cassomir. The once great Taldor houses can be seen in varies stages of decay as you make your way south towards the shipyards.

The group has to make way for a regiment of Taldorian elite soliders and two great war elepants that march down the narrow streets. The sight of the two beast would cause enough fear that the soilders would hardly be needed.

After the war elephants continue on their way past the group Nefti breathes a sigh of relief and continues on, but at a brisker pace.

Last edited:

PeteZero

First Post
Kronk stands up, stretches himself and yawns expressively. "Okay, whatsoever, let's go." Grabbing his axe he swings it over his houlders and follows ourside.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Ingio watches the interplay between his fellow Pathfinders with a slight smile on his face. When the lad up and leaves, Ingio swiftly dons his pack and follows.

Remove ads